StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 100% Win Rate, 545% ROI, 54 trades?<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #45382
Ignore nikoschopen
6/30/2006 1:38:02 AM

In another word, the guy shouldn't be taunting us. ;)

ashraf999
33 posts
msg #45383
Ignore ashraf999
6/30/2006 3:18:20 AM

Post the filter so we can test it.

lfrisch
27 posts
msg #46627
Ignore lfrisch
8/28/2006 2:43:29 AM

whats the filter

twaodood
12 posts
msg #46640
Ignore twaodood
8/28/2006 9:55:27 PM

Hi Chris

It would be nice if you posted the filter

It would help us with at least the general direction of the market when buying individuals issues

Thank

TWAO DOOD

elroz
26 posts
msg #46744
Ignore elroz
modified
9/4/2006 2:08:54 PM

- I have little respect for someone who would put up such a filter and not actually say what it is. If you never had any intention at showing us what the filter was, then you should have never put up the results in the first place.

TO EVERYONE ELSE - Although these results look promising, this is just another example of numbers looking good on paper, but unrealistic in real life situations. For one to get these results, you would need no stop loss, moderate profit stop, and the ability to hold a position for a long time (a lot of capital). To me, it makes no sense in giving a stock a 90% stop loss and only a 10% profit stop, but that's how these filters work (which makes them pretty much useless).

Please know that I don't use any of the filters involved, but by posting, I do three things. One, it shows pretty much the same results as results showed (actually using the same time period, 2 of the 3 show better results ON PAPER!! So everyone will now know how to get these unbelievable results ON PAPER!! I believe this is probably the filter used and just changed some parameters (price, time held, etc). If not, then there are other filters able to produce such unrealistic results.

Second, if anyone wishes to test them, I do hope you can find a way to make them work. I have been very successful taking others ideas from these postings, and this could be seen as a way of giving back. I highly doubt anyone would post an amazing filter they discovered, and I do not expect anyone to. If it makes you money, keep it to yourself.

Third, being bored last night, I spent a few hours figuring this out. Seeing how unrealistic it would be to use, and putting in all that time, it's only rewarding if I can share this info. After all, if I ever decided to post one of my results, I would defiantly include the actual filter as well.

Below are three filters, pretty much the same. You can change the exchange, price, volume, or whatever you want. The secrete to these results are the time given, and the profit stop.

For all of the filters below, use the following parameters. . .

The positions are all LONG positions

Stop loss - 0
Profit Stop - 10
Trailing Stop Loss - 0
Minimum days to hold - 0
Maximum days to hold - 300

No special entries or exits or anything else. To make it interesting, use the same dates used 06/07/04 - 06/07/06

The 3 Filters . . . . .

(1)
low reached a new 52 week low
and rsi(2) < 5
and weekly rsi(2) < 10
and market is nasdaq 100

(2)
and rsi(2) < 1
and weekly rsi(2) < 10
and market is nasdaq

(3)
and rsi(2) < 1
and weekly rsi(2) < 10
and market is nasdaq
and price is below 1

They are pretty much all the same. Have fun back testing them, and please, if you're going to post results, show some class and provide the filter as well.

I wish you all the luck with these.

-elroz

__fetcheruser123
msg #46823
Ignore __fetcheruser123
modified
9/10/2006 12:32:36 AM

elroz - I've already stated in previous posts on this thread that the backtests were flawed and that was the reason for such "good looking" results. I never claimed they were anything more than that and I've since moved on to other bigger and better filters.

TO EVERYONE ELSE - It's not the filters you have that will make you successful at this game, but rather your ability to create them for yourself. ;)

twaodood
12 posts
msg #46863
Ignore twaodood
9/11/2006 11:49:26 PM

Hey Stockfetcher Staff

This is called "Filter Exchange"...if the people that post here...is it possible to BAN THEM...if they don't post the filter....ESPECIALLY "I did elroz's mom for $2."...THIS IS MORONIC..UNPROFESSIONAL...AND UNCALLED FOR.....!!!!!!!!!

EITHER POST THE FILTER....OR SHUT UP...!!!!

TWAO DOOD

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #46864
Ignore nikoschopen
9/12/2006 2:49:47 AM

To whover said, "It's not the filters you have that will make you successful at this game, but rather your ability to create them for yourself.":

Dude, nothing personal, but you forget one thing. You need to trade the damn stocks that ure filter pukes out at you. And that requires "real" skill. Of all people, do I need to remind you what TRO has brazenly regurgitated all this time for ure benefit? It ain't what you trade, namely that "100% Win Rate, 545% ROI, 54 trades" filters, but how you trade them Oh-my-god-I'm-genius filters.

Ure condescending remarks sounds nothing less than another travesty to those who have been playing this game for longer than they like to admit.

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #46866
Ignore Koronbock
9/12/2006 4:15:48 AM

Niko,

Good post. Agree 100%.

__fetcheruser123
msg #46878
Ignore __fetcheruser123
9/12/2006 12:23:37 PM

What? I did elroz's mom for $2 is a great filter! I figured you guys would want to know about it, but fine... No skin off my s@ck.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 100% Win Rate, 545% ROI, 54 trades?<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.