StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 3 EMAs (7, 21, 51) and High below ema(51)<< >>Post Follow-up
four
5,087 posts
msg #114842
Ignore four
modified
8/12/2013 12:09:31 AM

First post to "sandwich" a moving average between 2 others. Ema(7) is between ema(21) and ema(51).

Others trying this idea ?

Fetcher[
and index is russell 3000
add column annual dividend yield > 1
avgvol(5) 1 day ago > 230000
close above 12
ema(21) above ema(51)
ema(7) above ema(51)
ema(7) below ema(21)
high below ema(51)
]

papagatorga
124 posts
msg #114916
Ignore papagatorga
8/16/2013 10:14:36 AM

Four - This has had great results for downside moves. Can you reverse it for upside moves?? Of course as of today I want to be on the Put side, but when Calls are appropriate it will be interesting to see if this can work as well.

four
5,087 posts
msg #114921
Ignore four
modified
8/16/2013 12:04:21 PM

papagatorga,

Can you reverse it for upside moves??
-------------------------------------------------------

Place a stoplimit order at day's high + .02 (after market close).

Let us know what happens for you.

- -

PS Question: How did you enter when you noticed good for the short side?

papagatorga
124 posts
msg #114962
Ignore papagatorga
8/19/2013 10:46:53 AM

Four, I did not backtest this, all I did was click the links for 2 days ago and 1 month ago and the results were all pretty good declines. That is what led me to believe it was meant to be a "short" filter. Since those results were so good on the negative side, I thought perhaps you could script an "up" filter. Going back and clicking different start dates I got some positive returns so perhaps it was just the date I started. At the time all I checked was the 2 days ago and 1 month ago and both revealed no up stocks, all were declines of such proportion they would have been profitable investments on the short side. As far as entries, either long or short, pretty much all I use is Williams%R(30) from Big Trends. I use MACD, Directional Index with ADX and ROC for confirmations. They generally signal entries before W%R, but they are not quite as reliable. Much the same for exits, W%R lags but often keeps you in the trend after a retest.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 3 EMAs (7, 21, 51) and High below ema(51)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.