StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 3 days down then 1 day up<< >>Post Follow-up
dknoonan
27 posts
msg #113391
Ignore dknoonan
5/14/2013 2:47:58 PM

I have a filter for 3 days down:

high has been decreasing for the last 3 day
close has been decreasing for the last 3 days
close below open for the last 3 days

... but I would like to turn this into "3 days down, then the next day it goes above yesterday's high"

How would that be coded?

Also, on that last day, is there a way to NOT trigger if the S&P 500 closed down?

Thanks!

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #113398
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/14/2013 4:16:26 PM

I have a filter for 3 days down:

high has been decreasing for the last 3 day
close has been decreasing for the last 3 days
close below open for the last 3 days

... but I would like to turn this into "3 days down, then the next day it goes above yesterday's high"

How would that be coded?

Also, on that last day, is there a way to NOT trigger if the S&P 500 closed down?

Thanks!

++++++++++++

Fetcher[
count(high 1 day ago below high 2 days ago,3) above 2
count(close 1 day ago below close 2 days ago,3) above 2
count(close 1 day ago below open 1 day ago,3) above 2
close above high 1 day ago
ind(^SPX,close) above ind(^SPX, close) 1 day ago
]

Note that when using the actual S&P 500 index as I have done here, the filter will not return any results intraday. This is because the data for ^SPX is not updated until after the close of trading each day, so the last line in the filter will be false until the data is updated. If you want to use it intraday, just use SPY instead of ^SPX.

I would also suggest adding in volume and price constraints to narrow down the results a bit.

Kevin

dknoonan
27 posts
msg #113403
Ignore dknoonan
5/15/2013 4:24:12 AM

Kevin, thank you!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 3 days down then 1 day up<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.