thank you

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39802
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/30/2005 1:10:08 AM

Copy/Paste...

1-2-3-4
This is the basis of my favorite stock trading systems, The Three Day Hammer. This is a pattern written about by both Laurence Connors and Jeff Cooper. It solves the problem of stock trading systems of when and how to enter runaway markets. To read more about this method, I recommend Jeff Cooper's Hit And Run Trading and Laurence Connor's Advanced Trading Strategies.

Richard Wyckoff and W.D. Gann, technicians from more than 70 years ago, noticed that very strong and very weak markets usually do not correct for more than three days. By identifying these strong markets, waiting for a three day pause, you jump aboard the selected stock picks for the climb to new levels.

Setup for Longs

14-day ADX must be greater than 30. For those unfamiliar with ADX, go to the discussion of ADX.

The 14-day +DI must be greater than the 14-day –DI.

Wait for a 3 day correction. This means that the stock must make three consecutive lower lows or any combination of two lower lows and an inside day.

Buy on day 4 only if the stock moves .10 above the day-3 high.

If filled, place a protective stop .10 below the day-3 low.

If the position moves in your favor, use a trail stop.

Use of proper candlestick formations in the third bar will increase probability of a profit. See The Three Day Hammer.

Setup for Shorts

14-day ADX must be greater than 30. For those unfamiliar with ADX, go to the discussion of ADX.
The 14-day -DI must be greater than the 14-day +DI.
Wait for a 3 day correction. This means that the stock must make three consecutive higher highs or any combination of two higher highs and an inside day.
Short on day 4 only if the stock moves .10 below the day-3 low.
If filled, place a protective stop .10 above the day-3 high.
If the position moves in your favor, use a trail stop.
Use of proper candlestick formations in the third bar will increase probability of a profit. See The Three Day Hammer.
General Thoughts

Near the close of day one, if the stock appears to be closing down for the longs or up for the shorts, I generally close out the position. I find the best stock picks from these trades are profitability from the start.

If you are not stopped out by close of day 5, close the position.

Most important – For all stock trading systems, you must use proper money management. Without the proper stock size to portfolio, you are doomed. This is discussed in detail in The Three Day Hammer.

morteza471
132 posts
msg #39835
Ignore morteza471
12/31/2005 5:25:54 PM

this is a good filter for it
show stocks where price is above ma (5)and and ma(5)is above ma(10) and ma (10) is above ma(20)and ma(20)is above ma (50) and ma (50)is above ma (100) and ma (100) is above ma (200)and Average Volume(90) is above 100000 and price is between 1 and 30 adx(14) is above 30
+di(14) is above -di(14)
low is below low 1 day ago
low 1 day ago is below low 2 days ago

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #70466
Ignore chetron
modified
1/7/2009 10:18:10 PM

CLICKABLE.....

Fetcher[

adx(14) is above 30
+di(14) is above -di(14)
price is between 1 and 20
volume is above 30000

]

AND THEN...

Fetcher[
show stocks where price is above ma (5)and and ma(5)is above ma(10) and ma (10) is above ma(20)and ma(20)is above ma (50) and ma (50)is above ma (100) and ma (100) is above ma (200)and Average Volume(90) is above 100000 and price is between 1 and 30 adx(14) is above 30
+di(14) is above -di(14)
]

acfncp3
59 posts
msg #70498
Ignore acfncp3
1/8/2009 6:59:34 PM

This was great because you can do a conditional command .1 or I prefer .2 above the last days high and if the stock does not go up you are never put into the stock. Unfortunately I did not get any results for the second filter.

Is there a more general one that could be built where you have a rising say 30 day moving average with the stock pulling back to that average from above. You could then do the same conditional command. I have tried this before but I was wondering how some of the experts here would code it. You could of course do the same thing on the short side where you have a downtrending MA(30) and the stock is pulling back up and the conditional would be .2 below the last candle.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · ARB filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.