StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · All these filters..<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
calhawk01
135 posts
msg #87711
Ignore calhawk01
2/2/2010 9:43:17 PM

Eman, so are you telling me that its better to buy the stock once it pops than buy and hold and wait for the pop? In my entire trading career i have rarely profited off a stock in a situation where i bought AFTER the pop.. most of the time you will lose

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #87712
Ignore Eman93
2/2/2010 9:46:42 PM

The filter worked very well look at the results from Friday..... and Monday... it most likely did not produce many winners last week..... when it is raining you need an umbrella and when it is cold you need a hat and when it is sunny and warm you need a cold beer.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #87713
Ignore Eman93
2/2/2010 10:19:09 PM

What I am saying is Muddy is watching them for a move and gets in early that day... its more of a day trade of a filter IMHO...
If it moves more than 10% it most likely will pullback the next day. I know what you are saying..... I would say you could trade the pops if you trade above the high of the pop and only if the pop is a break out of some res and had very nice volume on the break out.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #87715
Ignore miketranz
2/2/2010 10:24:09 PM

Calhawk,different market conditions produce different filter results.Different traders produce different trading results depending upon many factors.Some things that worked before don't work as good now.There are trading methods that made people a fortune in bull markets,cease to work today.Filter results are not as accurate as you think in all market conditions.The only thing that you can say is predictable in all market cycles is fear & greed,brought on by market extremes.If you can't find a method that works for you,find one stock that you like and observe it every day.Do not trade it until you find something that it does consistently.You will get so tuned into its movements,I guarantee you can make a very educated guess what direction its headed next.Trade that same stock over and over again,eventually,you'll make money.The stock markets a tough place to make money.95% of short term traders lose money on a consistent basis.The bottom line is,its not just about filters,its about how you trade,that determines your success in the markets........

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #87723
Ignore Eman93
2/2/2010 11:44:52 PM

Now I am not saying I am making money with this filter doing this or this is the best way to trade this filter at all.

I am saying that breakouts with volume above a stong point of resistance is a sound method thats all....

calhawk01
135 posts
msg #87725
Ignore calhawk01
2/2/2010 11:51:48 PM

I got you Eman, you are rite.

Thanks for the inputs guys. Lets make some money!
Here is my watch list for tomorrow: if anyone is bored.. give me your opinion(S) on it. thx

bocx
cpf
erfw
zhne

SBCF* enter on green

tstr
mvis
gu
suf
rz
hdy
ACAD
NGAS

source: http://www.hotstockmarket.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2352549&postcount=2443

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #87732
Ignore Mactheriverrat
2/3/2010 12:43:55 AM

I tend to agree with miketranz
There is NO Holy Grail filter to make money- Sometimes the most simplest filter works the best- lets just say rising OBV or like MACD crossover above 0, rising or falling Stochastics, or a P sar crossover or under -

Sometimes the most Simplest filter setup works the best.

mystiq
650 posts
msg #87733
Ignore mystiq
modified
2/3/2010 5:28:40 AM

calhawk01
- Ignore calhawk01 2/2/2010 11:51:48 PM
I got you Eman, you are rite.
Thanks for the inputs guys. Lets make some money!
Here is my watch list for tomorrow: if anyone is bored.. give me your opinion(S) on it. thx
bocx - not yet
cpf - not yet
erfw - not yet
zhne - not yet
SBCF* enter on green - not yet
tstr - maybe
mvis - maybe
gu - not yet
suf - not yet
rz - not yet
hdy - not yet
ACAD *BUY*
NGAS - maybe

drew9
171 posts
msg #87753
Ignore drew9
2/3/2010 11:46:09 AM

calhawk - couple of items that may help. First try and stay on the "right" side of the market. I like to personally use MA(100) for indexes and MA(50) for individual stocks for my first selection. If they are above it then great for long positions. If not, stay away. Second, try to time your trades to when the market as a whole is oversold. I am sure you are aware now that most stocks tend to move with the market so timing is critical. Look to initiate postions when the general market indexes (SPY) are below 25 using RSI(2).

calhawk01
135 posts
msg #87765
Ignore calhawk01
2/3/2010 3:09:12 PM

mystiq, great calls lol.. check out the stocks you put "buys" and "maybe" on..

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · All these filters..<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.