StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Average Price Expansion Volatility Measurement<< >>Post Follow-up
radovan.arendas
41 posts
msg #47913
Ignore radovan.arendas
11/11/2006 8:08:58 AM

Hi all,
I want to ask if you have any idea how to measure average volatility during price expansions.

What I mean with this:
There are times when price is in congestion area and times when the price is rapidly moving. See e.g.HOT - Congestion area: 26-Sep to 3-Oct and than expansion till 6-Oct or see LCC - Congestion area: 20-Jul to 26-Jul and than expansion till 2-Aug.

What I would like:
To measure volatility just in the area when the price is rapidly moving.

Why:
To prioritize stocks shown by filter.

How I'm doing it now:
Manually... I run my filter, look at the charts and calculate average price gain/loss during last 3-4 volatility expansions.

Encountered difficulties:
- besides manual calculation only time bounds (when starts and ends congestion area and expansion area) I would define start of congestion area as 1st day when the volatility decreases and it ends when volatility increases. Easy to see from charts but difficult to define for computer (at least difficult for me).

Any idea how to automate calculation of these averages?
Any experience trading break of congestion areas?

Best regards
r.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Average Price Expansion Volatility Measurement<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.