StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · BOLLINGER BAND TRADING STRATEGY<< 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 39 >>Post Follow-up
gabestogie
79 posts
msg #81150
Ignore gabestogie
10/15/2009 6:34:36 PM

Kevin:
News today from Bloomberg radio interview. An analyst who follows ACOR and the industry puts a target of $39.00 on it by end of 2010. No other drug out there today will do what this one is capable of doing safely, safety of the drug was the drug was the FDA concern.
Trade safe,
Gabe

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #81152
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/15/2009 6:55:57 PM

Sounds good, but my exit strategy will probably be executed well before then.

This was actually the first stock purchased using this strategy, back on 8/26. Got up to +15-16% before drifting down then crashing. Glad it is back in the green.

Had I used a stop loss as part of this approach, I would be sitting at -20% on this trade rather than at +12% with more upside to come.

gabestogie
79 posts
msg #81155
Ignore gabestogie
10/15/2009 7:22:46 PM

Kevin:
I will post this here with your permission only. I have a long time friend who has a free web site for anyone interested in Bollinger Bands and how to trade within them. Loaded with free educational videos with very accurate Buy & Sell signals
In my opinion and others BB's are the safest form of trading and what you are doing is right on target.
Trade safe,
Gabe

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #81157
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/15/2009 7:38:44 PM

I'm all about shared learning - anything that makes us better traders is cool by me. Go for it.

gabestogie
79 posts
msg #81162
Ignore gabestogie
modified
10/15/2009 7:53:58 PM

Kevin:
You and other members are in for a treat. Tell Christian W. I sent you if you ever chat with him in the chat room. Hope to see you there.
Do watch the video's. WWW.PERFECTSTOCKALERT.COM
Trade safe,
Gabe

gabestogie
79 posts
msg #81164
Ignore gabestogie
10/15/2009 7:59:36 PM

Kevin:
I am about to post a message in the FORUMS on the perfectstockalert information about stockfetcher and it's tools available to members and also to free membership.
Trade safe,
Gabe

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #81266
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/16/2009 3:24:09 PM

CA sold at the open for $23.83. Net profit on this trade = +14.46%.

medowz
59 posts
msg #81298
Ignore medowz
10/17/2009 1:41:41 PM

Kevin,

I was playing around with the TOS back testing feature with some of the results you guys have been having. There's some interesting ratio spread possibilites. I'm trying to workout how to filter your watchlists for optionable stocks. It's got me going in circles. I keep getting zero results.

Here's my filter:

Close is above 5
and stock is optionable
and apply to watchlist (IBD1,IBD2,IBD3)
and draw RSI(2)

I'd appreciate help from anyone really.

All the best,
mike

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #81302
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
modified
10/17/2009 5:09:54 PM

Fetcher[

Close is above 5
and stock is optionable
and apply to watchlist (IBD1,IBD2,IBD3)
and draw RSI(2)
]

I get 251 stocks as a result. Are you SURE you have made the IBD1,IBD2, and IBD3 watchlists? No watchlists would explain the lack of results.

In case you are interested here are the first 200 optionable stocks from those lists:

AAPL ABAX ABV ACTG ACTU ADS ADVS AEA AES AFL AGN AIRM ALXN AMED AMSC AMX ANEN ANSS APKT ARO ARRS ASIA ASPM ATHN ATW AYR AZZ BAP BBD BCRX BEC BIDU BIOS BJRI BKI BMC BR BRLI BUCY BWLD BYI CA CAM CCE CCJ CEA CERN CFSG CHKP CHS CHSI CIB CISG CMG CNQR CPA CPLA CRAY CREE CRI CRM CSC CTB CTCM CTRN CTRP CTSH CTXS CVLT CXO CYBS CYD DBRN DFG DIN DISCA DLLR DLM DLR DLTR DRC DTG DVR DXCM EBS EDU EEFT EJ ENDP EPAY EPB EQIX ESLT EXPE FDS FFH FFIV FIS FISV FLS FTI FUQI G GCA GES GET GFA GIB GIVN GMCR GOL GOOG GPS GTLS GTS GYMB HDB HGSI HMIN HMSY HPQ IBM IBN ICON IMA INFA INFY ININ INT ISRG ITWO JCG JOSB JOYG KBR KCI KONG KSS LFT LKQX LPS LTM LULU LZ MA MANT MDAS MDRX MED MELI MFE MHS MR MSTR NCMI NEOG NETL NEU NFLX NICE NILE NITE NRG NTES NUS NWS ODSY OFG OII ORCL PCLN PETS PHH PKX PL PRAA PRX PSSI PTI PVH PWRD QGEN QSFT QSII RADS RBI RGR RHT RIMM RKT RMD RNOW ROST RY SBUX SEPR SFG SGP SHOO SIRO

Make this a new watchlist (maybe called "IBD optionable 1") and use it.

Remaining 51 stocks:

SLH SMP SMRT SNDA SNX SSRX STAR STEC SWKS SY SYNT TDC TDG TECD TEN THC TIN TJX TLEO TNS TPX TRLG TSL TSRA TTEC TUP UHS ULTA ULTI UNM URBN V VIP VMI VPRT VRX WBD WBMD WCRX WDC WIT WLT WMS WNS WRC WRLD WX WXS WYN WYNN ZUMZ

Make this a new watchlist as well (maybe called "IBD optionable 2") and use it.

Kevin

a24ali
15 posts
msg #81309
Ignore a24ali
10/17/2009 9:13:44 PM

It is interesting idea that requires more studying. Playing with options using the bollinger band strategy. Sell on the money Puts. The premium will be high since the stock is in in pull back. Worst case; the option is exercised and you buy the stock which you were already going to buy.

Kevin: I understand you stopped buying new stocks using the strategy? or you just waiting for the market to move up again then continue your strategy? are you still updating your stocks according to their ratings?

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · BOLLINGER BAND TRADING STRATEGY<< 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 39 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.