StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · BOLLINGER BAND TRADING STRATEGY<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 39 >>Post Follow-up
Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #79238
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
modified
9/14/2009 5:41:28 PM

BGS up +1.09% in after hours trading. Assuming premarket data is similar, I'm in on this one tomorrow at the open.

stratiG
147 posts
msg #79243
Ignore stratiG
9/14/2009 7:02:44 PM

Kevin,

Thanks for running the comparison.

stratiG

gabestogie
79 posts
msg #79245
Ignore gabestogie
9/14/2009 7:39:33 PM

Kevin:
Watched UNFI and AAP premarket and thruout the day. They both came out of the gate running higher and never looked back "WOW'' It will be interesting to see what BGS does on Tuesday. Browsed around looking for some more info but found nothing other than what you most likely read already. My guess is it may continue to slide based on the # of shares they are offering against the # of shares outstanding, not sure if that is even relavant. The offering as you know is to pay off some debt coming due in the future. I'm sure I'll pass and wait for another scan, better safe than sorry.
Trade safe,
Gabe

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #79249
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/14/2009 9:17:42 PM

Whittling out the underperforming stocks from the watchlists:

For IBD2, the following stocks should be removed from the list:

NCIT ORLY OTEX POWL ICTG JJSF LWAY NPK SLF SSI SVR SF ICE JCOM SYNA PNRA HANS NSH IDCC LOPE SLGN THOR PZZA SPH SXL SUR MYGN PWR SWS GMTN GVA MTXX

These have fallen below 85 on the IBD composite ranking system. On to IBD3 ...

I think that when I am done here there will be less than 400 symbols, so I'll create only two watchlists, and repost them for everyone to update easily.

gaurav
11 posts
msg #79261
Ignore gaurav
9/14/2009 11:16:54 PM

Kev,

Thanks for sharing all this information. I have used your filter twice and both the times have realized the gain of around $ 1 per share, which is awesome in my books.

Gaurav

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #79272
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/15/2009 7:27:13 AM

Looking beyond the IBD lists, one other hit came up yesterday - PRAN

Australian Biotech company working on Alzheimer's - only rated a 43 by IBD, but there might be a play here.

Will watch this one today, but not invest.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #79273
Ignore chetron
9/15/2009 7:48:42 AM

KEV, MAYBE YOU COULD START ANOTHER THREAD CALLED "DOGS OF THE IBD", SO I DON'T GET CONFUSED AND LOSE SIGHT OF THE PLAN.

TIA CHETRON

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #79279
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
modified
9/15/2009 8:54:48 AM

Chet - I did say that this would evolve over time as I learn more about the system ...

My having not checked the current IBD ratings led me to review the portfolio, and what seems interesting is that lower rated stocks (or stocks that were high a while back but are not anymore) do as well as those rated 90 or higher.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #79287
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/15/2009 9:25:20 AM

BGS down in premarket - will wait a bit on this one.

No stock entries at the open for me today.

gabestogie
79 posts
msg #79297
Ignore gabestogie
9/15/2009 12:31:29 PM

Kevin:
LINC just popped up in your scan.
Gabe

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · BOLLINGER BAND TRADING STRATEGY<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 39 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.