StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · BREAKOUT FILTER.....<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
chetron
2,817 posts
msg #64834
Ignore chetron
modified
7/10/2008 7:02:14 AM

MAYBE...

Fetcher[

/* TACHIKAWA */

SET{VLONG,COUNT(CLOSE ABOVE HIGH 1 DAY AGO,1)}
SET{VSHORT,COUNT(CLOSE BELOW LOW 1 DAY AGO,1)}
SET{TRIGGER,VLONG+ VSHORT}
SET{VL100,COUNT(CLOSE ABOVE HIGH 1 DAY AGO,100)}
SET{VS100,COUNT(CLOSE BELOW LOW 1 DAY AGO,100)}
SET{VHIS100,VL100 - VS100}

ADD COLUMN VLONG
ADD COLUMN VSHORT

DRAW VHIS100 LINE AT 2
DRAW VHIS100 LINE AT -2

DRAW TRIGGER
DRAW VSHORT ON PLOT TRIGGER
DRAW VLONG ON PLOT TRIGGER
DRAW VS100 ON PLOT VL100

TRIGGER > .5
CLOSE ABOVE .3
VOLUME ABOVE 100000
SORT COLUMN 5 DESCENDING

]

marine2
963 posts
msg #64871
Ignore marine2
7/11/2008 12:59:59 AM

Can you give us a jump off the highest bridge filter. In this current climate where commodities rule, and everything else sucks I say go income funds and sit tight until oil goes back downward.

skymuse
14 posts
msg #64872
Ignore skymuse
7/11/2008 1:16:50 AM

yeah, it's really rough out here; I've only been able to make about 25% this week on natural gas plays....darn stock market, why can't everything be bubble-ized so that we can just throw darts at a chart for picks?

It should be Eeeeeassssy, like in 1998......

marine (and I really doubt that you are a marine), why are you hanging out in a trading zone if you're so scared of a loss or can't understand how to play a churning bearish (in some aspects) market? Curse oil prices and the state of western civilization all you like, but while you're complaining, some of us are able to find wins -- some small, some big -- in THIS market.

I'm sure your bank has some nice CD's that will get you a guaranteed 2 1/2% sometime next year......or there's always the mattress and buried coffee can approach.....

marine2
963 posts
msg #64873
Ignore marine2
7/11/2008 1:38:59 AM

Dear Sky, I am a former Marine. Never assume anything. I have been trading for 40 years and has seen many ups and downs but never seen our American companies go downward in such abrupt fashion as we are seeing these days, Maybe, if you could leave your cubicle for a few hours and walk amongst the living you would see people are losing jobs, the housing market is as low as we have ever seen, and prices sky rocketing on food, energy, and your basic needed commodiities, We all have our lines we establish in trading and to gamble with your hard earned money in this atmophere could be harmful to anyones health not just us poor conservative investors. I say think where you are walking before you walk.

marine2
963 posts
msg #64874
Ignore marine2
7/11/2008 1:42:32 AM

Chetron, I backtested this filter you wrote and added a few lines to it. It tested very well, 86% wins with an ROI of 100. I was impressed. Of course I usually backtest in a positive environment. Positive environments are the times we all love trading in. Anyways, good work.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #64877
Ignore chetron
modified
7/11/2008 8:09:07 AM

LOL, THANX MARINE. I WILL WORK ON THAT HIGHEST BRIDGE FILTER. LOL.

AS I MENTIONED IN YOUR OTHER THREAD. I DON'T SEE COMPANIES TAKING ANY HITS.

WE ARE LAUGHING AT OUR COMPANY, BECAUSE THE STOCK IS TANKING AND SALES ARE ROCKETING. SORRY NO PLUGS HERE.

P.S. IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU WOULD SHARE THAT 86% FILTER.

marine2
963 posts
msg #64935
Ignore marine2
7/13/2008 12:28:47 AM

Chetron, even your filter here got me 86% wins and an ROI = 70.41. I only added "and slow stochastic %d is below 25 at close" . Like I said in my earlier thread, performing the backtest in a time frame that had the market in a positive environment surely helps give better performance to any of our filters. But then again, thats the optimum time to be running our "long" filters. Simple analogy in timing is, wait for your specific market to turn green then get your favorite filters into play. Have fun, make money, and feel like you know what your doing. Happy treasure hunting.

marine2
963 posts
msg #64936
Ignore marine2
7/13/2008 12:34:08 AM

Oops, my bad, I had two more lines of code in your filter to go along with the slow stochastic line. Here are the three lines of added code I attached to your filter:

and slow stochastic %d is below 20
and day change % is above 0
and price is below 30

This ups your odds of getting better results.

But remember, wait for green concerning your particular market you are tradiing into.

limestar
79 posts
msg #64941
Ignore limestar
7/13/2008 12:34:00 PM

marine2,
You complain a lot about stuff that doesn't matter in the realm of trading. Its a sign your trading capability is limited to up markets. Very similar to the majority of people who are long only as well. Forget the noise! Its clearly affecting you.

There are some out there (many here) that play both sides when the markets turn. Regardless of any bs the economy is in or what you are hearing in the media EVERYDAY. If this downturn lasts for 2 years you could be complaining for 2 years and have missed an opportunity.

marine2
963 posts
msg #64942
Ignore marine2
7/13/2008 2:41:13 PM

Dear Limestar, fact is, the beauty of this free speech Forum is we all can express our feelings. You can either listen to it or not. Simple as that. Obviously, I affect your thoughts on investing / trading / gambling, with your money or someone elses. Ignorance is bliss in some cases. Take that to heart and do whatever you need to do in making money for either your family or your clients. Have a nice day and yes may your trading techniques (noted trading strategy) be profitable. Don't worry about me, I am doing fine.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · BREAKOUT FILTER.....<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.