StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Best method to predict up or down at open<< >>Post Follow-up
et5301
3 posts
msg #104158
Ignore et5301
1/2/2012 10:46:13 AM

Hello all,
Does anyone have a filter that will predict , using 4:00 pm data, whether a stock/etf will open up or down the next day with any kind of accuracy (above 65 percent)?
Thanks

tmaugham
115 posts
msg #104174
Ignore tmaugham
1/2/2012 6:42:50 PM

Now THAT would be a helova crystal ball!!!!! Mary4Money, that one's right up your alley!!!!!

shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #104182
Ignore shillllihs
1/3/2012 2:14:37 AM

This is the ideal way to trade. Using 2 ETFs. But again noone here with the exception of Kevin, albeit a failed attempt has really worked on this.

I am amazed that there has not been extensive work done on this. I will start a thread on it.

gmg733
788 posts
msg #104186
Ignore gmg733
1/3/2012 9:05:17 AM

@et5301

TRO has a fade the gap filter on here somewhere. If we take a different look at what you are trying to accomplish, if we fade the gap then wouldn't be be accomplishing essentially the same thing. Most equities close the gap when they gap up or down. Instead of predicting what you think the equity is going to do, let the market tell you what it is doing. If an equity 70% of the time closes its gap and it gaps often, you would simply need a hand full of equities to watch and trade.

Go find TROs filter and see if that is of any help. Keep in mind this is a stat filter and you'll have to apply it to your time frame and trading model/skill.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #104198
Ignore Eman93
1/3/2012 4:44:44 PM

best way is to fade the gap.. IMHO

I have tried buying equal dollar amounts of TZA and TNA at the close and selling the one that gaps up.... and keeping the other for the fill.

Its not what I really want to do.. I want to swing trade for 3days to a few weeks.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #104271
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/7/2012 1:45:16 AM

Eman93
best way is to fade the gap.. IMHO

I have tried buying equal dollar amounts of TZA and TNA at the close and selling the one that gaps up.... and keeping the other for the fill.

Its not what I really want to do.. I want to swing trade for 3days to a few weeks.

................................................................................................................................

Why not just buy the one that gaps down? What am I not SEEING?

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Best method to predict up or down at open<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.