StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Bollinger Band Range Percentage<< >>Post Follow-up
chessnut1
58 posts
msg #34908
Ignore chessnut1
1/16/2005 5:57:45 PM

Here is a filter phrase I have found useful. It provides a simple way to display in a column the Bollinger Band Range Percentage value of a stock's closing price.

Or it can be used to find stocks at a particular point within the range of the lower and upper Bollinger bands. It is expressed as a percentage.

set{BollA, Close - Lower Bollinger Band(20)} and set{BollB, Upper Bollinger Band(20) - Lower Bollinger Band(20)} and set{BollC, BollA / BollB} and set{BBRangePct, BollC * 100} and add column BBRangePct

It generates a column that can be toggled to order the Bollinger Band Range Percentage results in ascending or descending order.

A result of 112 for instance would be a stock that closed above the UBB, one of -20 would be one below the LBB. A result of 100 would be exactly at the upper BB, and one of 50 would be at the midrange (or sma20). A result of 0 would be exactly on the LBB.

[Note to SF Techs: I would like to request that you consider this or some other formulation of the Bollinger Band Range as an additional indicator for SF use].

--BJ

yepher
359 posts
msg #34911
Ignore yepher
1/16/2005 8:30:27 PM

chessnut1,

You should have a look at "Bollinger(20) %B". I think you will find it is the same as the calculation you are doing. You may also find interest in "Bollinger(20) Width".

Fetcher[
price above 1
and add column Bollinger(20) %B
]

chessnut1
58 posts
msg #34912
Ignore chessnut1
1/17/2005 12:14:40 AM

Sure enough. I outright missed seeing it on the list. Thanks.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Bollinger Band Range Percentage<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.