StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Bollinger Squeeze<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
wallman
299 posts
msg #31754
Ignore wallman
4/15/2004 11:56:56 AM

I've been playing BB squeezes for years and the simpliest and quickest way to profits i've found is not to look for a squeeze while it's forming,many take weeks of watching and many of these never break at all,for me it's wasted effort and time,i'm in this to make the most i can as quickly as i can, i make a play after the squeeze has been already broken in one of 2 ways,either i enter after the stock has moved out of it on MUCH larger than normal volume such as ALAN on 4-7,no looking for clues to as whether it will break out,it has,on a green hold the next day many will continue to run and run huge in some cases such as this one did,or i put former squeeze/volume/breaks from the past few days on a watch and simply wait for those that pull back to the zone of EMA13 and/or SMA20,wait for green hold and enter,note ABIX today which broke out 4-12 on an unreal volume increase of 4500 shares to 746k,yesterday the price pulled back to the EMA13,the stock has maintained its large volume surge over the past few days and today right now it is up about 110% with over 7 million shares traded!,i wouldn't doubt that it will run even further by late afternoon ......hope this helps,good luck to all

cegis
235 posts
msg #31758
Ignore cegis
4/15/2004 3:58:24 PM

wallman,

Thanks for your insights... Do you have a filter that catches these BB breakouts that you're willing to share? (No use re-inventing the wheel...)

And you were right on ABIX running this afternoon! Up +206+% as I write this (7 min before market close)... Hope you got some of that booty!!!!

C

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #31761
Ignore txtrapper
4/15/2004 5:54:18 PM

cegis;

Muddy is a 35 year veteran trader, you can take anything he says to the bank.
He has a web site http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/StockFetcher/ and what urks me is every time he tries to help a newbie, they want him to give them his tools, his filters, why don't you just take the time to read his web site where all his filters are already posted, as a matter of fact if you type "squeeze" in the search column you will find out your answer. We like to help newbies but only if they try to help themselves first, if you can't find Muddy's squeeze filter, than ask, please show some respect.

TxTrapper

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #31762
Ignore txtrapper
4/15/2004 6:21:39 PM

Cegis;

A wheel is a wheel because we call it a wheel.

Here is Muddy's BB Squeeze Filter. Remember it's only a filter, and there are no "magic filters" ever published here in the last few years that I have been a member.

Fetcher[Show stocks where bollinger width(20) is at a 6 month low and close is between 1 and 10]

TxTrapper

yepher
359 posts
msg #31763
Ignore yepher
4/15/2004 7:39:31 PM

I found an easier way to write the original bollinger filter that started this tread:

Fetcher[bollinger width(20) reached a new 6 month low]

I am not sure how I over looked this the first time.

-- Yepher

yepher
359 posts
msg #31764
Ignore yepher
4/15/2004 7:41:20 PM

TxTrapper,

I just noticed you used "bollinger width(NN)" in the filter you posted. Very nice ;)

-- Chris

cegis
235 posts
msg #31765
Ignore cegis
4/15/2004 8:16:46 PM

TxTrapper,

Thanks for the filter. I truely appreciate your effort in finding and posting it.

I'm sorry that I didn't recognize "wallman" as the immortal "Muddy". I do respect his work, and more, his willingness to teach his methods to others. I asked for the filter because I thought it would be relatively easy (read, take less than 5 minutes) to post it, where it would take me much, much longer, and I wouldn't be sure if what I ran across was anything close to what he uses. Generally speaking, I usually DO take the time to try to find information before asking. I fear I'm suffering from information overload!

Also, thanks for the Muddy Method URL. I have been there and looked around already. More information, more overload! ARGH!

And, yes, a filter just limits the universe to things you might be interested in looking at. Making the money is all in the trade.

One question on the filter you posted, vs. what Muddy was saying: Muddy stated that it's better to wait for the breakout to occur (if I understood correctly), but your filter doesn't check for one. So one question I still have is "what constitutes a 'breakout'?" I believe that means close above the BB, but should it be by more than a cent? He also mentions "MUCH larger than normal volume", which I was hoping he might quantify - even roughly.

Lastly, in case you didn't notice, I also try to help folks here. And, like you and Muddy, do NOT appreciate people looking for freebies (a "gimme" without any indication of effort). However, in the sense of community, I tend to be a bit forgiving to those that I notice help others. I also tend to take the time to explain/teach so they can help themselves, or others, in the future.

So, I'm sorry I urked you. I'll appologize to Muddy as well. I hope both of you continue to help us newbies. TA is far from an easy subject to perfect!

C

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #31766
Ignore txtrapper
4/15/2004 8:25:05 PM

Yeper;

I already posted a filter that filters the same results as your last
filter post with a major difference, mine brings up "squeeze stocks"
between 1 and 10 dollars.

TxTrapper

yepher
359 posts
msg #31767
Ignore yepher
4/15/2004 8:28:51 PM

wallman,

Based on the description above here is a filter I tried to

Fetcher[
AND bollinger(20) width has reached a 6 month low in the last 30 days
AND VROC has reached a new 1 year high
AND price reached a new 6 monty high in the past 30 days
]

Does this seem about right.

-- Yepher

yepher
359 posts
msg #31768
Ignore yepher
4/15/2004 8:38:13 PM

Sorry,

This is an up date to the previous post. I did a bad job on that filter. I hope this is a little better:

Fetcher[
bollinger(20) width has reached a 6 month low in the last 30 days
AND VROC(30) has reached a new 30 high in the last 5 days
AND price reached a new 6 month high in the last 1 days
]

I am not sure how to find the volume on the previous up day to see if it is higher than normal.

BTW, thanks for the input wallman.

-- Chris

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Bollinger Squeeze<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.