StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Bouncers Off Consecutive Day Nearly Equal Lows<< >>Post Follow-up
jimhbutton
104 posts
msg #66533
Ignore jimhbutton
modified
8/21/2008 7:24:43 PM

Hi Guys,

I've been tracking GSOL for the past 4 days and have noticed that the Lows are about the same each day:

$10.60 on 8/21/08
$10.61 on 8/20/08
$10.606 on 8/19/08
$10.59 on 8/18/08

These four Lows are about where the Lows were on two previous occasions 5 months ago:

$10.50 on 3/10/08
$10.61 on 3/04/08

Anyway, I've been waiting each day for GSOL to test the approximate $10.60 support, hop on board, and ride the elevator up.

I want to build a filter that lets me track these stocks that are repeatedly testing support day-after-day (like GSOL), that provide a great bounce opportunity, and that can be tied to similar support price points or lines in the previous weeks or months.

The problem that I'm having is that I have only been able to program consecutive daily Lows that are EXACTLY EQUAL to one another versus those that are only a penny or two apart, like GSOL for the past 4 days. I would love to have a filter that would include GSOL and other stocks like it. Here is my present effort that unfortunately excludes GSOL and a host of other potential money makers:

Fetcher[/* Three Consecutive Equal Lows */

Price > 1

Average Volume(5) > 50000
Average Volume(30) > 50000

set{Range1, High - Low}
set{AvgRng5, cma(Range1, 5) }

add column Average Volume(5) {Avg Vol 5}
add column Average Volume(30) {Avg Vol 30}

add column separator
add column separator
add column Range1
add column separator
add column AvgRng5 {Avg Range 5}
add column separator
add column separator

add column Open
add column High
add column separator
add column Low {Low1}
add column Low 1 day ago {Low2}
add column Low 2 days ago {Low3}
add column Low 3 days ago {Low4}
add column Low 4 days ago {Low5}

and Low equals Low 1 day ago
and Low 1 day ago equals Low 2 days ago
and Low 2 days ago near Low 3 days ago
and Low 3 days ago near Low 4 days ago

sort column 11 descending
]

Can any of you resident geniuses program my filter with greater capability:

(1) More flexibility around the recent Lows, + or - a couple of pennies a day, for example, and...

(2) Tying this recent support line trend to previous support lines or daily Lows at or around the same price?

Thanks in advance TRO, Chetron, et al

jhb2

jimhbutton
104 posts
msg #66534
Ignore jimhbutton
8/21/2008 7:32:03 PM

The same challenge holds true for my "Three Consecutive Equal Highs" filter:

Fetcher[/* Three Consecutive Equal Highs */

Price > 1

Average Volume(5) > 50000
Average Volume(30) > 50000

set{Range1, High - Low}
set{AvgRng5, cma(Range1, 5) }

add column Average Volume(5) {Avg Vol 5}
add column Average Volume(30) {Avg Vol 30}

add column separator
add column separator
add column Range1
add column separator
add column AvgRng5 {Avg Range 5}
add column separator
add column separator

add column Open
add column Low
add column separator
add column High {High1}
add column High 1 day ago {High2}
add column High 2 days ago {High3}
add column High 3 days ago {High4}
add column High 4 days ago {High5}

and High equals High 1 day ago
and High 1 day ago equals High 2 days ago
and High 2 days ago near High 3 days ago
and High 3 days ago near High 4 days ago

sort column 11 descending
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Bouncers Off Consecutive Day Nearly Equal Lows<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.