StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Buy high, sell higher<< >>Post Follow-up
JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #155875
Ignore JoeyVinyl
2/19/2021 10:41:21 PM

I thought of that title before reading Snappyfrog's PVI and Penny Stocks post where he uses that phrase. It's not a bad philosophy these days. Properly timing a dip is difficult, for me at least, so why not take advantage of the momentum of something that's already going up?

This is a reworked version of one of my old filters. it shows you what's been hitting new 10 day highs and how often that's been hit in the last 10 days. Week1 is the most recent five day stretch while week2 is the previous.

Fetcher[
market is not ETF
market is not OTCBB

set {10dh, high 10 day high}
set {hits, count(high reached new 10 day high,10)}
set {week1, count(high reached new 10 day high,5)}
set {week2, hits - week1}
set {diff, 10dh - close}
set {difpct1, close / 10dh}
set {difpct, difpct1 * 100}

Show stocks where close is between 5 and 100
and high reached a new 10 day high in the last five days
and Average Volume(30) is > 100000
and Average Volume(30) is > Average Volume(30) 1 month ago
and PVT(20) is above Average PVT(20)

draw PVT(20)

add column 10dh
add column separator
add column hits
add column week1
add column week2
add column diff {hi-cl}
add column difpct {close%}
add column separator
add column industry
add column sector
sort column 7 descending
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Buy high, sell higher<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.