StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · CANSLIM<< >>Post Follow-up
bartvandyk
3 posts
msg #33746
Ignore bartvandyk
10/29/2004 10:54:45 PM

Is there anybody out there with a viable CANSLIM filter who wouldn't mind sharing it.
We can't get IBD up here, and I'm not ready yet to pay $28.- per month for eibd.
All info is much appriciated,
Thanks

jpistell
123 posts
msg #33747
Ignore jpistell
10/30/2004 8:17:38 AM

C = Current quarterly earnings per share.
A = Annual earnings per share.
N = New product/management/price high.
S = Supply/Demand: Small Cap + Volume
L = Leader
I = Institutional Sponsorship
M = Market Direction

http://www.canslim.net/what.htm

yepher
359 posts
msg #33756
Ignore yepher
10/30/2004 1:35:33 PM

With the exception of (part of)N and I I think most of this could be expressed in SF language.

I think first step is to quantify what are "good" attributes for each category. Then writing the filter should be a fairly easy process.

tecnoal
29 posts
msg #33788
Ignore tecnoal
11/1/2004 11:36:44 AM

BARTVANDYK:
HERE IS THE CURRENT Investor's Business Daily 100 (10/29/04)

TZOO CME GOOG TASR UPL SWN URBN SYNA MBT VIP UCI HYDL OLG DDN SHFL DECK BYD ARLP CTSH EBAY PKZ AMED BSTE CAI WIT BG INFY NSC VLO VNBC BNN CCJ BRY HAR HRT VLCCF NAT XPRSA ARO JOSB MRVL NVR SBUX TCBI CHTT UNT QCOM XTO FBP SIE UIC PENN UTIW LSTR CREE COBZ EXM JBHT LFL STLD COO NCI SYMC HDWR IMGC RAVN HRS MTH ATLS EXPD HANS AEOS BMHC OMM OSG AIRT MCRS HDB MSA WBSN PVR ANT FAM AMMD BR DKS PRAA KNGT MGG ANSS OZRK CDIS SRX CNC PXP TK ISSX YHOO BEE ADSK

THEY ARE FROM N.1 TO N.100 IN THE RANKING (OMITTED THE NUMBER TO COPY AND PASTE MORE EASILY)
IF YOU KNOW THE WAY TO PASTE THEM IN A WATCH LIST BY RANKING INSTEAD OF ALPHABETICAL PLEASE ADVISE

jpistell
123 posts
msg #33791
Ignore jpistell
11/1/2004 5:17:23 PM

Thnx tecnoal,
Now thats a hot list of mega-trenders.

Anyone have a script that can keep up with "buy and hold" on these stocks?

Joe

tecnoal
29 posts
msg #33794
Ignore tecnoal
11/2/2004 1:04:52 PM

sorry! i've made 2 mistakes in the IBD list
n.83 is BFAM (INSTEAD OF FAM)
N.99 IS BEBE (INSTEAD OF BEE)

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · CANSLIM<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.