StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · CUP AND HANDLE FILTER SETTINGS IBD SETTINGS<< >>Post Follow-up
fieldbenjamin
7 posts
msg #82654
Ignore fieldbenjamin
modified
11/8/2009 9:18:28 PM

Hello all,
I am new to this service, but am an avid IBD user.

I am trying to set the cup and handle filter settings so that they are within the IBD cup and handle/cup with handle rules
Ex-
Cup pattern – duration from three to six months

Handle – downward price trend, decreasing volume, above 10 week moving average, duration 1-3 weeks

Has anyone successfully done this? I feel the cup and handle results given from the standard search are too liberal.
If so could you share?
Thanks,

here are my current cup and handle search parameters
/* Cup and Handle */
and Show stocks where pattern is cup and handle
and Average Volume(90) is above 500000
and close is between 5 and 250
and draw MACD(12,26,9)
and draw RSI(14)
CMF(14) crosses above zero
and Show stocks where Accumulation Distribution has been increasing for the last 1 week

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #82655
Ignore chetron
modified
11/8/2009 9:26:22 PM

clickable....
LIBERAL??????????
HOW ABOUT BROKEN............

Fetcher[
/* Cup and Handle */
Show stocks where pattern is cup and handle
Average Volume(90) is above 500000
close is between 5 and 250
draw MACD(12,26,9)
draw RSI(14)
CMF(14) crosses above 0
Show stocks where Accumulation Distribution has been increasing for the last 1 week
]

fieldbenjamin
7 posts
msg #82657
Ignore fieldbenjamin
11/8/2009 9:41:18 PM

agreed,
thanks for posting clickable,
Any suggestions for tightening cup and handle to a true pattern are appreciated

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #82660
Ignore chetron
11/8/2009 10:25:52 PM

WHY TIGHTEN A FILTER THAT IS ALREADY SO TIGHT THAT IT GIVES NO RESULTS?????????

SORRY FOR THE LOW BANDWIDTH RESPONSES..

fieldbenjamin
7 posts
msg #82661
Ignore fieldbenjamin
11/8/2009 10:39:17 PM

Ok, fine,
I guess, what I am saying is I would really like to find a workable filter for a reasonable cup and handle pattern.
Does anyone have anything productive to share?

tmanbone
124 posts
msg #82685
Ignore tmanbone
11/9/2009 11:48:13 AM

there are no cup and handles at this time.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · CUP AND HANDLE FILTER SETTINGS IBD SETTINGS<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.