StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Can someone please help me with the follwoing filter?<< >>Post Follow-up
mustafa
13 posts
msg #85563
Ignore mustafa
1/5/2010 1:07:06 PM

The setup filter finds stocks where there has been a range contraction over the last 5 days. Yesterday’s range must be less than the ranges 2, 3 and 4 day’s ago. In addition, yesterday must have been an inside day, i.e. its low was above the previous day’s low and its high was less than the previous day’s high.

It is Linda Raschke's strategy to pick stocks after range contraction.

Thanks

dwiggains
441 posts
msg #85569
Ignore dwiggains
1/5/2010 2:44:32 PM

Fetcher[
atr (1) < atr (1) 1 day ago
atr (1) < atr (1) 2 days ago
atr (1) < atr (1) 3 days ago
high < high 1 day ago
low > low 1 day ago
close > 1 and volume > 500,000
]

Give it a try
See ya
David

mustafa
13 posts
msg #85577
Ignore mustafa
modified
1/5/2010 4:06:18 PM

Thank you very much.

When I run the filter the first stock is ACTIVSION and it does not appear that the ranges depicted are right.. Am i reading something wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Mustafa

dwiggains
441 posts
msg #85581
Ignore dwiggains
1/5/2010 5:48:08 PM

Hi
Yes ACTIVSION is the first stock.

Did you want each days range less than the day before
or just the last day less than all the others???

Look at your wording.
I will try again if you do not like.

See ya
david

mustafa
13 posts
msg #85583
Ignore mustafa
1/5/2010 6:03:37 PM

The range yesterday should be less than the range 2 days, 3 days and 4 days ago. I guess you are right.

Thanks again

Mustafa

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #85584
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/5/2010 6:09:57 PM

David coded it exactly as you had requested. Were you thinking of this?

Fetcher[

high is below high 1 day ago
high 1 day ago is below high 2 days ago
high 2 days ago is below high 3 days ago
high 3 days ago is below high 4 days ago

low is above low 1 day ago
low 1 day ago is above low 2 days ago
low 2 days ago is above low 3 days ago
low 3 days ago is above low 4 days ago

close > 1
and volume > 500,000
]

I don't get any hits, but the coding looks OK.

mustafa
13 posts
msg #85589
Ignore mustafa
1/5/2010 7:41:00 PM

Thank you Kevin. Yes you are right. David has correctly coded it. Thank you again David.

Mustafa

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Can someone please help me with the follwoing filter?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.