StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Can this be done<< >>Post Follow-up
papagatorga
124 posts
msg #110707
Ignore papagatorga
1/29/2013 9:01:39 PM

Would like to post a scan for a select 10-20 stocks (ie A,B,C,D,E, etc) to find those that have exhibited a Set UP, for example crossed above a Williams%R -20 line. In other words I don't want all stocks that have crossed the line, only to scan for a select few. Is this possible?

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #110711
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/29/2013 9:45:56 PM

If you know which stocks you want to keep an eye on, this is quite simple. Use a watchlist.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #110714
Ignore johnpaulca
1/30/2013 12:22:28 AM

Williams %R > -20
Williams %R < -19 or whatever number you choose

papagatorga
124 posts
msg #110719
Ignore papagatorga
1/30/2013 7:45:39 AM

Kevin, many thanks. Have several Watchlist that include 2 or more of my filters, but did not know I could enter symbols. Yes I have 10-20 specific stocks I am watching.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #110722
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/30/2013 8:09:10 AM

You can also use a symbol list:

Fetcher[
symlist(spy,iwm,agg,efa)
]

that is the easiest if you are not expecting to change the stocks frequently (example - you only want to milk AAPL, RIMM, NFLX). I find that if I am constantly updating my stock list I use a watchlist, and if I am only looking at a few stocks that do not change a symlist works best.

bert123
53 posts
msg #110754
Ignore bert123
1/30/2013 11:01:36 AM

PapaG,

Do this:

Go to Watch Lists
- Name Gatorwr20
- Portfolio Only - next
- Enter symbols separated by space
- Enter when done
- Click Filters
- Select the filter you want the list to apply to
- done

Now you can check your watchlist to see if the filter triggered. This is especially useful if you want to see if your watch list
is triggering multiple filters

The other way of doing this is adding apply watch list gatorwr20 to your filter as Kevin suggested. Then, when you run your filter it will only apply to the gatorwr20 stocks

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Can this be done<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.