StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Coding for triangles<< >>Post Follow-up
luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #53762
Ignore luc1grunt
8/2/2007 8:01:22 AM

See the link below. Can I get the coding "behind" the code itself? I want to narrow the range of the triangle and be able to tighten the parameters, ie., changing the automatics "days above/below from 6 days". The examples in this thread do not show the coding or allow the changes I want.

I would like to see triangle formed on a daily scale with a duration of about a month or two, and those that have not yet broken up or down. I'll add the additional parameters as needed.

Throw me a bone here SF gurus? Thanks, Luc

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&fid=1006&tid=34502&qrid=

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #53780
Ignore luc1grunt
8/2/2007 4:31:47 PM

TRO, NIKO, MAX, MUDDY, AIKI? I know I left out many coding gurus, but anyone?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53782
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
8/2/2007 6:24:17 PM

luc1grunt, read this thread before asking for my help on triangles, especially my thoughts on triangles in general. Be that as it may, there really isn't much to answer. You specify two parameters, of which the first is the "the number of days used to create the triangle" and the second "a window of time from the most recent day backwards when the breakout occured". The default value of 6 is used for the second parameter only when you don't specify a number. And as for the "incomplete" triangle, you could try the following:

Fetcher[
show stocks where pattern is ascending triangle
and pattern is incomplete double-top
]

Let me know if I can be of further help. :)

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #53784
Ignore luc1grunt
8/2/2007 7:53:55 PM

Thanks NIKO. I somehow missed that thread in my "search". I see your opinions on the matter are solid.

Just plowing my way through my journal for the past year and a very high amount of the profitable trades were intraday triangle breakouts with consideration to pivots. I watch for them daily actually.

I'm still toying with some longer term methods as my daytrading "screen time" has been shortened as of late. I'll run with it from here! Thanks again, Grunt :)

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #53786
Ignore jrbikes
8/2/2007 9:08:14 PM

Descending triangle!

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #53792
Ignore luc1grunt
8/2/2007 11:00:51 PM

"Descending triangle!"

Yup.

Of the majority of profitable trades using triangle breakouts/breadowns, 78% were shorts during this bull market.

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #53821
Ignore jrbikes
8/3/2007 6:05:27 PM

tried this, just for kicks,

Show stocks where pattern is Descending Triangle
and pattern is incomplete double bottom

I can see that 78%

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53825
Ignore nikoschopen
8/3/2007 10:13:47 PM

Hey Jr,

You'll need the hyphen (-) between "double" and "bottom", so that it reads "double-bottom" (not "double bottom").

Fetcher[
show stocks where pattern is descending triangle
and pattern is incomplete double-bottom
]

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #53827
Ignore jrbikes
8/3/2007 10:36:50 PM

thats funny, I tried it and got only 5 stocks, without the hyphen it showed a lot more with the D Triangle plotted, I was just messing around anyway, thanks for the heads up!

just cant seem to stay away from this site, glad Im not working tommorrow! LOL
I was even messing around with reverse triangles a few weeks ago, I dont know, I must be bored or something, maybe a new trading style!

I guess you can make something out of any chart!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Coding for triangles<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.