StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Confirmation for DI crosses<< >>Post Follow-up
alichambers
48 posts
msg #43709
Ignore alichambers
5/14/2006 4:40:12 PM

Hi,

I've been looking at using DI(4) crosses for buy and sell signals. This seems to work well in a trending market, but when the market moves sideways it produces an amount of whipsaws.

Could anyone help with a second indicator that would help confirmation of the trending market and ignore some of the whipsaws - or suggest otherwise.

I'd REALLY appreciate this - I've been going round and round in circles for ages!

Thanks,
Alex

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #43735
Ignore maxreturn
5/15/2006 9:53:25 AM

Hello Alex. I use MACD on the daily and weekly charts and the 50 and 200 ema's on the daily charts. If you learn how to watch the ebb and flow of price within the context of these indicators as well as recognizing support and resistance you can get a pretty good feel for the trend and likely reversal points. This is what I use to filter out "against the trend" signals. HTH.

alichambers
48 posts
msg #43736
Ignore alichambers
modified
5/15/2006 10:46:03 AM

Thanks for your reply - however I just found another solution, using PAR and DMI!

http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=forum⊂=view&fid=1001&tid=36483&start=0

Alex

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #43799
Ignore guru_trader
5/17/2006 1:36:43 AM

How about this one ... http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=forum&sub=view&fid=1001&tid=36483

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Confirmation for DI crosses<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.