StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Detecting RSI(5) bottom<< >>Post Follow-up
SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #35570
Ignore SurfnDestiny
4/11/2005 6:34:11 PM

I need a way to detect when RSI(5) is on the bottom gradient in this offshoot of the Muddy method filters. Filtering for RSI(5) below 1 or 2 doesn`t work. If you add a command for a RSI(5) column to be added to the stock results, you will see some values of RSI(5) at 8 or 9, even though the chart shows RSI(5) on the bottom line. This filter works pretty good though. RSI(2), when touching the bottom line doesn`t seem to fortell a bounce the next day, as much as the chart for RSI(5). You just need to make sure RSI(5) is on the bottom line to pull the trigger.

Fetcher[Show stocks where volume is above 30000
and close is near bottom Linear Regression line(45,1.0)
and rsi(5) is below 10 for 1 day
and 2 day slope of cog(3) is > 0
and price is between 1 and 100
]

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #35583
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/12/2005 10:00:05 PM

Try this...

and rsi(5) equal rsi(5) 200 day low
and 2 day slope of cog(3) is > 0
and price is between 1 and 100
]

You could change the 200 day low to 50, 100, 150, etc... your preference.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #35592
Ignore SurfnDestiny
4/13/2005 6:40:15 PM

That does seem to make the filter more selective in its picks. Still... there doesn`t seem to be a way of not watching for price jumps in the morning, does there?. A working stiff like me, does`nt have the luxury of being able to do that everyday. My hats off to the Muddy Method though. I have be able to profit some with the method, and I am actually ahead, even with this bearish market. I need to work on my exit strategy though. I lose some gains by holding too long, even if its just a few hours. My best gains have come from watching the minute to minute price swings, and selling at peaks of price, or when RSI(2) is above 75.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #35594
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/13/2005 11:22:55 PM

If you have to go to work....

To enter, use a buy stop.

To exit, use a trailing stop.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

roca1018
163 posts
msg #35599
Ignore roca1018
4/14/2005 6:43:49 AM

Rumpled One,

I appreciate your input, however, trading that way would not have a high
probability of winning. These stocks are volatile and often establish the hod in early trading and often sell off hard. As a working person I have had more success
buying the fails with long bottom tails or buying after 11am when a bounce off the lows are apparent.

Rich

SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #35715
Ignore SurfnDestiny
4/23/2005 6:49:44 PM

I`ve tightened the Center of gravity slope angle. This seems to produce better results.

and 2 day slope of cog(3) is > .5
and price is between .01 and 100
]

Remember to make sure the RSI(5) signal is at the very bottom line.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Detecting RSI(5) bottom<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.