StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · ETF Filter<< >>Post Follow-up
mattsilveus
3 posts
msg #30987
Ignore mattsilveus
2/6/2004 10:40:15 AM

I have seen a few posts regarding a filter for ETF (exchange traded funds) but have not seen anything specific. Is there such a filter?

I am interested in following the ETF's using specific technical indicators and it would be extremely helpful to narrow down the ever increasing list of ETF's to a workable few to consider for trading.

Any ideas?

MS

mktmole
325 posts
msg #31046
Ignore mktmole
2/11/2004 8:40:27 PM

This is an excelllent idea!
Considering ETF's have a fraction of the management expenses compared to Mutual Funds. Compounded $$ this adds up to major savings especially in 401Ks.
I hope you forwarded your idea on to StockFetcher directly !

mattsilveus
3 posts
msg #31086
Ignore mattsilveus
2/14/2004 2:09:59 AM

No, I didn't forward to stockfetcher directly. I didn't even realize that there was a way to do that. I assumed they review the posts here in this forum. If you know how I can bring it to their attention directly so that something might happen more quickly, please let me know.

I have done my own research on each of the ETF's (a very arduous task!). The problem is, of course, that once my review is completed, it is outdated! Without knowing that Stockfetcher existed, I would probably gladly put up with the hassle. But Stockfetcher makes things so much more efficient. I don't know what it would take to put in a clause like "and market is ETF" or "and market is not ETF". I know that the OTCBB clause was just added. So maybe it is just a priority thing in the development cycle? Anyhow, I am really looking forward to this added capability.

Thanks!
Matt

mktmole
325 posts
msg #31093
Ignore mktmole
2/14/2004 9:04:53 PM

Matt,
Using the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the home page, will eventually take you here to send a request by email.
http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=feedback&topic=Features&subtopic=Request_A_Feature&question=Request_a_feature

Rgds,

mattsilveus
3 posts
msg #31641
Ignore mattsilveus
4/6/2004 7:07:13 PM

For what its worth to anyone, SF has successfully implemented a phrase to include only or exclude all ETFs.

Show stocks where stock type is ETF
Show stocks where stock type is not ETF

Matt

Does anyone know how to filter out funds that are not ETFs like:

Pimco Municipal Income Fund II (PML)?

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · ETF Filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.