StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Easy as 1-2-3<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 >>Post Follow-up
chip
67 posts
msg #60990
Ignore chip
4/2/2008 3:32:36 PM

To me, TRO writes beautiful code. It looks nearly like I could have written it myself. Have you seen his MT4 code? His comments even read like mine. When I modify his code, you'd be hard-pressed to distinguish his code from mine -- and I've been a software developer for the past 28 years with patents to back it up. The only convention or standard I'm interested in is making $s.

klynn55
747 posts
msg #60991
Ignore klynn55
4/2/2008 3:51:47 PM

Chip: even pit vipers have offspring!

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #60996
Ignore chetron
4/2/2008 4:48:26 PM

5 pages of off-topic gibberish. it is a shame.

welliott111
98 posts
msg #60999
Ignore welliott111
4/2/2008 5:19:04 PM

Maybe I'm reading this wrong,but nikoschopen says on pg1 of this thread

"It basically means that the EMA(5) must decrease for the last three days

in order for both counts() to be true." As I read it , it means ema(5) down

2 and up1. In b2 line, isn't ema(5) TODAYS ema(5)? This would make

TODAYS ema(5) above ema(5) 1 day ago.

set{ b1, count( ema(5) 1 day ago below ema(5) 2 days ago, 1 ) }
set{ b2, count( ema(5) 1 day ago below ema(5) , 1 ) }
set{ bot123, b1 * b2 }

chip
67 posts
msg #61006
Ignore chip
modified
4/2/2008 7:04:49 PM

klynn, "not even your worst enemy can harm you as much as your own mind".

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #61009
Ignore nikoschopen
4/2/2008 7:34:35 PM

welliott111,

Ure right. I must have misread the fine print.

Chetron,

Sorry, but I beg to differ. I think it''s friggin' idiotic to throw out a filter and refuse to answer any question regarding it. That's equivalent to a company selling their wares that refuse to offer customer service. Why the hell is it so difficult to provide a simple explanation about those countless columns? Above all, why doesn't he simply give those columns a suitable name that's more or less self-evident to even the noobs among us? Then nobody needs to pester him about them. Well, go figure!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #61013
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/2/2008 8:00:24 PM

This is really amusing on one hand and totally absurd on the other.

People post filters because they want to.

Maybe someone can use it to make money.

Maybe someone can improve it to make even more money.

But it doesn't matter because YOU STILL HAVE TO TRADE THE STOCKS TO MAKE MONEY.

Who cares what filter spits out AAPL, GOOG, RIMM, etc... you STILL HAVE TO TRADE THEM!!

This "filter" is really a report that indicates when a stock put in a 1-2-3 top or bottom on the daily or weekly chart.

It can be modified to SELECT stocks that have a 1-2-3 top or bottom.

There really is NOTHING fancy about the code. The techniques I used have been explained YEARS AGO.

Now, if I choose to post a filter that is my business. You can use the filter, ignore it, or modify it. That's your business.

And what is even worse than me not answering a question is someone posting the incorrect answer.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #61014
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/2/2008 8:03:05 PM

"Anyway, TRO should annotate his otherwise convoluted filters as you so correctly pointed out earlier. If he has a degree in computer programming as he mentioned elsewhere, he should know that there's a correct coding convention or standards."

"...correct coding convention or standards." ? NO.

Standards are just standards.

Many times I am just testing ideas when I post. I don't feel like commenting. I know what I am doing. That's not a crime.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #61015
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
4/2/2008 8:06:17 PM

"Sorry, but I beg to differ. I think it''s friggin' idiotic to throw out a filter and refuse to answer any question regarding it. That's equivalent to a company selling their wares that refuse to offer customer service. Why the hell is it so difficult to provide a simple explanation about those countless columns? Above all, why doesn't he simply give those columns a suitable name that's more or less self-evident to even the noobs among us? Then nobody needs to pester him about them. Well, go figure!"'

You analogy is way off.

It is closer to someone handing out something for free but you demand more than what they are giving and condemn them.

More like... I am giving out glasses of water but you complain because there is no ice, no lemon, no napkin, no food, etc....

Let's see, BOT123, TOP123 aren't those self evident? 1 = yes, 0 = no. Isn't that pretty "standard"?

Now if you do NOT know what a 1-2-3 top or bottom is then it is GOOGLE SEARCH TIME.

I can code in minutes. It can take hours/days/weeks/months to document.

dbohin
10 posts
msg #61016
Ignore dbohin
4/2/2008 8:39:13 PM

comments from the peanut gallery:

TRO.......many thanks for sharing your work

Niko.........same to you

count me as one "lurker" who doesnt mind taking the time to figure out what its doing, and either using it, editing it, or shelving it for something else

i am rather surprised by some of the posts

i thought this forum was above that

cheers !

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Easy as 1-2-3<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.