StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · FADING THE GAP STATISTICS FILTER<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 40 >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #45581
Ignore nikoschopen
7/8/2006 7:50:24 PM

TRO,

My bone of contention wasn't about fading the gap, but the way in which you misinform ure newbie brethren by making it ipso facto the art of simplicity -- a non sequitur in my otherwise not so humble opinion. Be that as it may, you then seem to indemnify ureself by such clauses as "it ain't what you trade, it's how you trade" or "you have to TRADE". But, if you care to remember, I've been through this route before. And it amazes me you still practice the same rite of bad faith, FWIW.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #45582
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/8/2006 8:50:34 PM

"My bone of contention wasn't about fading the gap, but the way in which you misinform ure newbie brethren by making it ipso facto the art of simplicity -- a non sequitur in my otherwise not so humble opinion. Be that as it may, you then seem to indemnify ureself by such clauses as "it ain't what you trade, it's how you trade" or "you have to TRADE". But, if you care to remember, I've been through this route before. And it amazes me you still practice the same rite of bad faith, FWIW."

Niko, you have a right to your opinion.

I have a right to mine.

But I did NOT misinform anyone!

I posted a filter that proves itself via statistics.

That is FACT, NOT OPINION.

SIMPLE means it is NOT complicated.

The rules are clear.

Even a NEWBIE can follow the rules.

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN! You know that.

If there was a "lock" there would not be a market.

And it is NOT what you trade, it is HOW you trade it.

You can trade a P.O.S. stock and make money.

You can trade a great stock and lose money.

It is all in HOW YOU TRADE IT!

But there is no bad faith on my part!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #45609
Ignore alf44
7/9/2006 10:37:26 PM

"...Trading stocks is like breaking and entering, the more you put in to bag, the longer it takes. The longer you remain inside, the higher the chance you get caught..."

--------------------------------------

I DO like this analogy !!!

Well said, RumpledOne !!!

Regards,

alf44

tmaugham
115 posts
msg #45610
Ignore tmaugham
7/9/2006 10:39:24 PM

TRO,

Firstly thanks for the filters and words of advice. But please explain to this thick person how this is supposed to work. In one of your posts you say "Go long on gap downs and go short on gap ups." How exactly does this work? Are there other posts I should be looking at that give the basic information on using this filter?

Thanks...
Tom

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #45611
Ignore alf44
modified
7/9/2006 11:08:36 PM

<edit>

...on second thought...

:8^X

Regards,

alf44

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #45612
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/10/2006 12:36:11 AM

"Firstly thanks for the filters and words of advice. But please explain to this thick person how this is supposed to work. In one of your posts you say "Go long on gap downs and go short on gap ups." How exactly does this work? Are there other posts I should be looking at that give the basic information on using this filter?"

How exactly?

I think I explained it.

If a stock gaps down, you buy it.

If a stocks gaps up, you short it.

I only trade stocks that have filled the gap at least 80 of the last 100 days.

At the open, you see which way they gapped, if they move toward the previous close, I enter the trade. I exit BEFORE they fill the gap. I just take my profits.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #45613
Ignore alf44
modified
7/10/2006 12:48:33 AM

"How exactly?

I think I explained it."

---------------------------

And NOW you've explained IT...yet again !

Come On...People...GAPS !!!

HELLO !!!

Regards,

alf44

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #45616
Ignore nikoschopen
7/10/2006 3:32:03 AM

Uhmm, some resources on gappers and the subtle ways in how and how not to play them can be found here:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=forum&fid=1002&tid=41276&mid=45615&sb=view&start=50#45615

dafishman
9 posts
msg #45738
Ignore dafishman
modified
7/12/2006 7:15:46 PM

TRO, maybe I am missing something but today, I see alot of losses using this system, or/and some big drawdowns....There were 38 matches going into today? Correct? LEt me know if you sort them some way and somehow choose betetr ones or do you pick anyone?
Thanks!
PS, klac is just one i was looking at, gapped down, meaning go long, it goes up right int he beginning and then downard all day? what do you do here? there were many like this today...
GRMN, and ISRG also, i dont see how you can go long, maybe i am looking at this wrong...any help would be appreciated...

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #45739
Ignore nikoschopen
7/12/2006 7:25:09 PM

dafishman,

The rule of the game is that once the gap is "filled" it usually reverses and continue with its initial trend.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · FADING THE GAP STATISTICS FILTER<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 40 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.