StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter Needed for Breakout<< >>Post Follow-up
ericpaul
1 posts
msg #119874
Ignore ericpaul
modified
5/15/2014 7:12:17 PM

I have been trying to figure out how to code for this. Any advise or link would be great.

First a stock is trading below or at the 50 day moving average;
then, the stock trades completely above the 50 day moving average;
then, within 8 days after trading completely above 50 day moving average and continuing to remaining above
the 50 day moving average, the stock gaps up. So, I am saying the gap up can occur anytime from day 1 to day 8,
but of course, I am interested in the current day showing the gap up on the scan.

thanks

I just realized I posted this to the wrong area, but any help would be great.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #119975
Ignore Mactheriverrat
5/20/2014 7:10:49 PM

Look for stocks trending up and heading towards the 6 month high line.

Fetcher[
Show stocks where close is less than 30% below the close of new 6 month high
Draw EMA(13)
Draw EMA(21)
Draw EMA(50)
Draw EMA(100)
Draw EMA(200)
Volume is above 1000000
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter Needed for Breakout<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.