StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter for slope of EMA(34)<< >>Post Follow-up
no4j
45 posts
msg #31031
Ignore no4j
2/10/2004 7:33:01 AM

I need to find a way to filter for Greater than a particular slope angle or percent increase of the EMA(34) over a specific number of days.

Can someone suggest something?

Thanks,

Dave

cegis
235 posts
msg #31069
Ignore cegis
2/13/2004 2:24:39 PM

Assuming your "number of days" is 15, and the percent change you want is at least 10%, does this do the trick?

set{oldema,ema(34) 15 days ago}
set{newema,ema(34)}
set{diff,newema - oldema}
set{pctchg,diff / oldema}
add column diff
add column pctchg
draw oldema
draw newema
pctchg > .1
and price between 2 and 20
and average volume(30) > 250000

Obviously, changing the price range and volume to suit your needs...

This returned over 170 matches from last night's close, so I'm assuming (a) the time frame and/or % change is way off [I just took a stab in the dark...], or (b) you have other criteria?

This also assumes you are looking for the average slope over the period, and not for each individual day. (Although, the later could be done in a similar manner, with a whole lot more tedium!)

I'd be interested in hearing what you plan on doing with this. (I'm always open to new ideas...)

HTH,

C

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter for slope of EMA(34)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.