StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Finding stocks who have reached bottom<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
rmehta1987
3 posts
msg #105230
Ignore rmehta1987
3/2/2012 11:47:06 PM

I am trying to find penny stocks that have reached there bottom within the past one. So far I have:

price reached a 3 month low within last one month
and close is below 1.00
and volume is above 1000000

but I am unable to find a few stocks such as KMAG and ISIM, anyone know what I am doing wrong?

deanengle
33 posts
msg #105231
Ignore deanengle
3/3/2012 12:05:24 AM

i believe the main thing you are doing wrong is chasing the penny stock dream.....many investors have went down this destructive road......better to save your money and educate your self and invest in more potentially beneficial programs which will return a reasonable profit. many people just like to throw a load of crap on the wall and hope that some will stick. i realize i have a very biased opinion, but i play this investing game to make money, not give my money to other investors. i suppose in my 40 plus years of investing, i have evaluated and used most of the many investment opportunities available to the general public. we all have varying values and desires to achieve certain goals, but i have ultimately focused on stock options and for me, this has proved a profitable and rewarding part of the investment spectrum in which to play. i just know of many investors who have walked down the rocky road of penny stocks and i believe there are better ways to spend your money.

just remember : NULLUM GRATUITUM PRANDIUM ( THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH)

JUST REMEMBER THAT THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION

BEST OF LUCY IN YOUR QUEST ????

rmehta1987
3 posts
msg #105237
Ignore rmehta1987
modified
3/3/2012 4:18:51 PM

Thank you for not answering the question. I want to use this filter for other markets as well, so again does anyone know why some results are omitted when I run:

price reached a new 3 month low within the last 2 weeks
and close is below 1.00
and volume is above 1000000

four
5,087 posts
msg #105238
Ignore four
3/3/2012 5:05:03 PM

perhaps...

close reached a new 3 month low within the last month

miketranz
956 posts
msg #105247
Ignore miketranz
3/4/2012 1:34:34 PM

low reached a new 90 day low
and close is below 1
and average volume(30) is above 1000000 Start with this.You can change the parameters as you wish.The bigger question is,where,when and how are you going to execute a trade with this filter?

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #105248
Ignore mahkoh
3/4/2012 3:58:57 PM

Assuming about half will result in a 100 % loss by ending up delisted, as long as your winners more than double you will come out on top. But with SF disregarding delisted stocks it is impossible to backtest this.

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #105249
Ignore jrbikes
modified
3/4/2012 4:31:09 PM

Fetcher[show stocks where the price has reached a new 52 week low in the last 30 days and the price is between .01 and 1 and the close is greater than the open and the RSI(14) is increasing and the MACD(12,26,9) is increasing ]

yeah, buy the bankrupts, look at CDCAQ, who cares if they are bankfrupt, just don't be holding when they re-issue shares!

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #105250
Ignore jrbikes
modified
3/4/2012 4:34:16 PM

Fetcher[ show stocks where the price is above the EMA(18) and the close is between .01 and 5 and the RSI(14) is above 40 and the MACD(12,26,9) is increasing and the volume is above 250000 ]

it is all about charting, support and resistance, flags, and all that good stuff1

miketranz
956 posts
msg #105253
Ignore miketranz
modified
3/4/2012 8:40:57 PM

Hey JR,how you doing? I like the second filter you posted.CBIS chart is sweet.Do you have any filters for catching stocks like this before they make a big move? Something like a breakout off a long low consolidation pattern similar to this one? On my hit list SAPX.Thanks,Miketranz.........

rmehta1987
3 posts
msg #105254
Ignore rmehta1987
modified
3/4/2012 10:22:11 PM

@miketranz I have seen that stocks that have reached bottom, while increasing accumulation/distrubtion along with strong RSI and MACD, have potential for strong reversals. Putting these into my watchlist and watching the daily SARS indicates when I can execute an order. Recent cases are ATRN, ISIM, and KMAG.

Also for CBIS, they have been known as a pump and dump stock, so be wary.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Finding stocks who have reached bottom<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.