StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Free Trading Simulator<< >>Post Follow-up
acervapsych
39 posts
msg #29825
Ignore acervapsych
11/12/2003 1:05:36 PM

If anyone is interested you can signup for a free account with Investopedia and then papertrade with the $100,000 they place in your account. They rank the players by the returns they are able to generate so this might be a nice way to compare some S.F. filters against one another and against strategies that non-S.F. traders are using...

http://simulator.investopedia.com/

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #29828
Ignore EWZuber
11/12/2003 4:18:37 PM

Yea this is great. Took it to my class last night and we are going to be using it as a learning aid.

dmindy
42 posts
msg #30017
Ignore dmindy
11/24/2003 4:35:51 PM

Quick question...
I'm trying to find a FAQ on this site but don't see much.

Do they have rules about "a stock must be x dollars to be traded here" or "You may only place this many trdes per day/week" ??

Can you set stops with them?

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #30030
Ignore EWZuber
11/25/2003 2:42:17 PM

Yes it will not allow trades on stocks below $1.
Yes you can set stops, sell short, and use limit orders.
There are 13,828 players in the default game.
776 in the beginners game.
The top ranked portfolio is up 214% this week.
I think you may have to sign in to get to the game rules.

donblack32
17 posts
msg #30034
Ignore donblack32
11/25/2003 4:58:03 PM

I have tried to use this sight but have run into a few problems. Especially when it comes to filling stops. Sometimes there is a long delay (hours) even when it is a market stop. Also, I tried to exit a position this morning at 7:00 est and it wouldn't let me because of volume rules. I can understand why they have that rule but it should only pertain to entering a stock.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #30035
Ignore EWZuber
11/25/2003 6:58:38 PM

donblack32
Many of these sim sites have software problems. If they were pay sites I would expect better service.
This one seems to be exceptionally poor though.
Early this morning I put in a market sell and I see it still hasn't executed and the order is apparently lost.
I put in 3 limit buys that did not execute until the close.
Seems to be set up strictly for the end of day trader.
I was using this for a class I'm involved with but it seems it may be worthless for what I am looking for.

jthehut
124 posts
msg #30038
Ignore jthehut
11/26/2003 1:15:03 AM

DAMN MM'S AT IT, EVEN IN THE SIMS!!!!! LOL

Too bad it's too crappy, anyone else with any of these sim/contest sites?

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Free Trading Simulator<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.