StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Gap down strategy<< >>Post Follow-up
scott111552
173 posts
msg #105519
Ignore scott111552
3/19/2012 8:42:35 AM

Can anyone help me with this filter request? I want to find stocks that drop 10% or more for 2 consecutive days....
Thanking everyone in advance.....

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #105522
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
3/19/2012 9:48:54 AM

How about just looking at stocks down more than 20% from 2 days ago? Not exactly the same, but may give you more options.

Also, any price or volume constraints?

Try this to start:

Fetcher[

close more than 20% below close 2 days ago
close above 1
average volume(30) above 100000

]

levamit
101 posts
msg #105523
Ignore levamit
3/19/2012 10:10:56 AM

Hello,

You can try this :
Fetcher[
open dropped more than 10% within last 2 days
close below open
average volume(30) above 100000
]

Regards,
LA

scott111552
173 posts
msg #105539
Ignore scott111552
3/19/2012 4:56:02 PM

Thanks to both of you for your prompt answers.....Actually, Kevin, I've been using the filter that you suggested for quite awhile now with good results....I was just playing around with it and thought I'd compare the two to see which might give better results...

By the way, I buy the stock that has dropped the most percentagewise, as close to the closing bell as possible, and then sell it
the next day for a quick gain....As I said, it's been working well for me of late......I invite anyone to look into it, backtest it extensively, tweak it, etc. and let us know what you think of it......

Close is more than 20% below close 2 days ago
and close is above 1.00
and average volume(30) is above 250000

scott111552
173 posts
msg #105540
Ignore scott111552
3/19/2012 5:15:28 PM

Forgive me everyone....I made a false statement in that last post....I don't ALWAYS buy the stock that dropped the most percentagewise......I look at all the stocks that are returned by this filter and then buy the one that I think presents the most compelling case for a quick price increase within the next day or two.....For instance, this past Friday, I bought PRMW instead of FUEL .....fortunately, It worked out well for me.....I did not buy Fuel at the close today because the company is on its' heels as we speak and I don't see good things happening for it in the near term.....However, it may prove me wrong....

Anyway, please let me know what you think of this filter......Good trading!!

tombrown1
61 posts
msg #105542
Ignore tombrown1
3/19/2012 5:58:44 PM

Scott,
This is very similar to an old corsino filter I'm using:

Show stocks where RSI(2)is less than 1 and
average volume(10)is above 300000 and
close is between 0.5 and 3 and
close is more than 10 % below close 1 day ago

Your system is only backtestable manually - which would take hours - because you buy at the close the same day as the drop and then look at each stock to see what you like and sell more or less by your gut. I love what you're doing, but you would have to spend hours poring over each individual chart that was triggered to see if you liked what you saw. I tried some automated backtesting trying to simulate very roughly what you're doing and didn't have much luck.

In a similar vein, I have had quite a bit of luck with the above filter from corsino using hold for 3 days as the exit and buying and selling at the open. Money management is:
Max trades/day - 2
Max open positions - 3
Max selected stocks - 2

Keep in mind that both corsino's filter AND your filter include OTCBB stocks which can make for a wild ride.

Best,

TB

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Gap down strategy<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.