StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Gaps and Wide Ranging Candles + Hi Volume<< >>Post Follow-up
mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #98906
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
modified
2/4/2011 9:41:58 AM

This filter does what the name says. It turns the days true range into 100 equal units and then determines exactly where on the score of 0 to 100 the close occurred. Above 80 it's closing with strength, below 20 it's dogging down. This filter allows you to dial in exactly what strength for the day you are looking for in both day range and it's volume strength.

I need some help to get it to produce the results for say 10 days ago. When I add the statement "10 days ago" to the "Show stock" function within this filter it returns zero results.

I would also like to display Score and VolStrength on the same plot. Can't seem to get "Draw Score on plot VolStrength" to work either. I have tried reversing the Set{names} as well as reversing the order of the filter sub-unit functions.

Thanks for the help, hope someone finds these filters helpful. Michael

Fetcher[set {VolStrength1, Avg Vol(20)}
set {VolStrength2, Volume / VolStrength1}
set {VolStrength, VolStrength2*100}
add column VolStrength {VOL-STRENGTHl}
show stocks where VolStrength > 300
draw VolStrength

set {score1, High - Low}
set {score2, score1 / 100}
set {score3, Close - Low}
set {Score, score3 / score2}
add column score
Show stocks where Score > 80
draw Score on plot VolStrength
]

mktmole
325 posts
msg #98912
Ignore mktmole
2/4/2011 2:44:06 PM

Michael, try..

Fetcher[set {VolStrength1, Avg Vol(20)}
set {VolStrength2, Volume / VolStrength1}
set {VolStrength, VolStrength2*100}
add column VolStrength {VOL-STRENGTHl}
show stocks where VolStrength > 300
draw VolStrength

set {score1, High - Low}
set {score2, score1 / 100}
set {score3, Close - Low}
set {Score, score3 / score2}
draw Score on plot VolStrength
show stocks where Score > 80 add column score
date offset 10 days ago
]

rgds
mm

mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #98913
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
2/4/2011 3:11:47 PM

HI MKTMOLE:

Just wanted to thank you. Very helpful.

I will use this filter to locate stocks that have moved to far or over corrected and get in when the re-correction starts.

If you have any suggestions on improvements please let me know my name on this board is my email address.

Do you know if there is a way to add a secondary scale to a plot?

Glad to discuss, Thanks,

Michael

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Gaps and Wide Ranging Candles + Hi Volume<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.