StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help in creating top risk/reward filters-- First Pattern--<< >>Post Follow-up
pepefe
5 posts
msg #97072
Ignore pepefe
10/18/2010 3:41:09 PM

10/18/2010 3:40:35 PM

Hello to all,

I have five different patterns to scan and would like help in how to create each one. Those are patterns that I manually scan. Each give me top/risk reward trades.

First Pattern

This pattern I call it "tight consolidation after big move".

Two Examples
Ticker AGP from 07/23/2010 to 20/09/2010
Ticker EW from 05/21/2010 to 09/01/2010

I am looking to scan stocks that have risen at least 20% from a specific time to present and are currently consolidating no more than 10% from high to low from a specific time to present. The horizontal range is defined by the stock high and low, not daily closes.
I do not want to be stucked in a specific set of times, I would like to scan by time ranges (if possible..). I mean, some stocks have risen 20% from the last 2.5 months, which is great and some others have risen 20% from the last 4 months to present. I accept stocks that have risen 20% from the past 2 months to the past 4 months. That is why I would like to predefine that uptrend range in the filter.
Also I would like to predefine the time range of the consolidation, I accept consolidations from 3 weeks to 8 weeks.

For example:
I would like to scan for stocks that have risen at least 20% from yesterday close in the past (minimum 2 months, maximum 4 months) and the range between past (minimum 3 weeks, maximum 8 weeks) is between 10% from high to low.

I hope you understood what I want!

Thanks,
FF

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help in creating top risk/reward filters-- First Pattern--<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.