StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help with MACD<< >>Post Follow-up
aletenti
1 posts
msg #51874
Ignore aletenti
5/30/2007 6:44:11 AM

Hello to everybody, I'm a big fan of this forum.

I'm wondering if someone can help me to write a trading systen with macd.

I'll like to find stock with MACD (normalize) is crossing, and the stock is close to the min of the last 50 days (exclately in the 30% of the range min max of the las t 50 days).
thank you in advance

IICC
5 posts
msg #51886
Ignore IICC
5/30/2007 10:06:25 PM

Hi...I've only been here a month or so although I've used the free stuff for a long time...Primary reason I joined is to specifically look for a few patterns that seem to be easier to find here than other places or as an addition to what I find elsewhere...So far I'm very satisfied with the value here. However, I have not taken the time to really learn the code writing yet except for a few...So I can't really help you much on your specific question.

However, if you are looking for MACD 12,26,9 Crossovers you may want to entertain a code that finds them just prior to crossing over so you can watch them...Doesn't help with your other variables but at Stockcharts I have a scan that finds those that just crossed over the MACD 10,20,5 and 6,13,4 and 2,13,12...But have not crossed over on the default 12,26,9...I've not kept firm track of the results, but I can confidently say that if the crossover line is not flat basing that 80% plus will crossover on the default...usually withing 3-5 days.

But MACD crossovers are not a guarantee that a stock is any good (and as I said it doesn't take other criteria into consideration...I check that separately)...But just a thought to set up a pre Crossover list...You could even set your other parameters to reduce the number that show up...I'm sure someone here can help...Best, Doug

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help with MACD<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.