StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help with Williams%R<< >>Post Follow-up
wkloss
231 posts
msg #93352
Ignore wkloss
6/1/2010 12:15:26 PM

I'm trying to write a filter where the stock crosses and closes above %R -20; falls below -20 and then closes again above %R -20. Here's what I have so far and I don't think it is correct:

Williams %R(30) closed above -20 within the last 10 days and
Williams %R(30) closed below -20 within the last 9 days and Williams %R(30) closed above -20

Comments and help would be appreciated

marine2
963 posts
msg #93361
Ignore marine2
6/1/2010 2:57:45 PM

Not sure how to fix this but I can see why your program is confused. Your last two lines of code is telling it to do two seperate things. The second part of your code says to, "and Williams %R(30) closed below -20 within the last 9 days", then the last coding you are saying, "and Williams %R(30) closed above -20". The last day of your filtering code is confused. Your are asking it to do two seperate things. Look at the two last codings. One is covering the last 9 days and the last code is asking it to respond to the last closed day. The last day is causing confusion. If someone can seperate the last closed days filtering action from the previous days then I think you will be good to go. Or maybe I am all wrong?

four
5,087 posts
msg #93366
Ignore four
6/1/2010 4:41:03 PM

Fetcher[
set{cnt1, count(Williams %R(30) crossed above -20 within the last 15 days,1)}
set{cnt2, count(Williams %R(30) crossed below -20 within the last 15 days,1)}
set{cnt3, count(Williams %R(30) crossed above -20 within the last 2 days,1)}

set{sum1, cnt1 + cnt2}
set{sum2, sum1 + cnt3}

add column sum2 equals 3 and do not draw sum2
add column separator
add column cnt1
add column cnt2
add column cnt3

draw williams %r(30) line at -20

sort column 1 ascend
]

wkloss
231 posts
msg #93463
Ignore wkloss
6/3/2010 3:54:15 PM

marine2 & four,

Thanks for your input. It does what I wanted now.

Bill

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help with Williams%R<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.