StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help with bulid Top and Bottom Filter<< >>Post Follow-up
reeseman
30 posts
msg #96682
Ignore reeseman
modified
10/2/2010 1:57:59 AM

Can anyone provide me with direction how to bulid a filter that shows when a uptrend and downtrend is weaking, more of swing trader.

I am having a hard time even realizing when the top is near and bottoms losing position or profit on my securities. Seems like i am always a day off or 2 off either way.

Exhaustion is kill me, or get a good up move one day and try to see if will carry into the next day then it seem like everyone running for the border on me...lol and i left think what did i miss

If anyone have a prime setup or info that can lead me in the right direction, please post.

Thanks*****

Reeseman

louie6digits
34 posts
msg #96796
Ignore louie6digits
10/7/2010 1:23:45 PM

First thing I can say about stock bottoms is that stocks love to WAIVER! There are 3 phases to understanding stock bottoms
or tops. I call it SDC, Strenth-Direction-Correction. Below I am listing a filter that accurately identifies Direction and Correction.
Unfortunately, I don't know of any filters that can accurately identify Strenth. If a stock is weak and you buy it at Correction, it will
give you some lumps. If a stock is strong and you buy it at Correction, it will make you some money. Of course, if you pick the
wrong Direction, you will lose your wallet!

If anyone knows a filter that can Identify Strenth as weak or strong, then please feel free to enhance this filter.

Fetcher[
weekly rsi(2) below 25
rsi(14) near 45
draw rsi(14) line at 45
close above 1.00
ift(2,9) below -0.5
close near Bottom Linear Regression(60,1.0)
slope of Linear Regression(60,1.0) above 0
and Average Volume(30) is above 100000
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help with bulid Top and Bottom Filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.