StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help with creating a filter/fetcher<< >>Post Follow-up
MaxxABillion
2 posts
msg #122382
Ignore MaxxABillion
12/28/2014 3:28:42 PM

I am brand new to SF and after utilizing and tweaking some of the available fetchers, I would like help developing a fetcher to find stocks whose support and resistant prices have been the same for at least six months and the distance from the support to resistance is at least 10%.

My logic for wanting this sort of fetcher is from a swing trader perspective. I’m fairly new to trading and due to a 9-5, I am unable to spend a lot of time day trading. I believe if a stock’s support and resistance price has been the same for at least six months, then it would continue to be that way into the near future. Furthermore, if distance from the support price to the resistance price is at least 10%, then I would be able to swing trade these stocks (long & short) locking in a minimum 10% in gains; sort of like riding a roller coaster up/down, etc.

Is anyone willing to help me with this? My programing skills are limited to python and as I mentioned in the beginning; I'm brand-new to this site. Any help and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #122383
Ignore Mactheriverrat
12/28/2014 3:57:52 PM

Here is something to start with that may head you in the right direction.

Submit
Fetcher[ show stocks where price is below resistance(120,10)
and price is above support(120,10,1)
Chart-time is 9 months
price is above 1
volume is above 500000
Draw ema(13)
]

MaxxABillion
2 posts
msg #122384
Ignore MaxxABillion
modified
12/28/2014 5:51:42 PM

Thanks for your help, this seems to fetch every stock who's price is currently in between their support and resistance prices. I am not really concerned about the stocks price per se but more so with whether its support and resistance prices has been the same for 6 months or more. Hopefully (once working) what it will show are stocks that are moving sideways and not necessarily in an up or down trend. I am unfamiliar with coding/wording format of SF and I will spend more time reviewing current code already on the site and try to figure out how mines should look to produce the results I want. Again thanks for your help.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help with creating a filter/fetcher<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.