StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help with simple idea<< >>Post Follow-up
rdorosh
2 posts
msg #40652
Ignore rdorosh
1/23/2006 10:02:20 PM

I'd like some help with a filter that finds stocks in consolidation (ie: trading flat for about three months or so but previous trend before that was up)

Thanks,
Ryan

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #40657
Ignore guru_trader
1/23/2006 10:54:11 PM

Several really good consolidation filters have already been posted ... should be easy to find in the archives

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40668
Ignore nikoschopen
1/24/2006 6:33:29 PM

This will find stocks with a trading range less than 3% over the past 60 days or 3 months.

Fetcher[
set{hi, high 60 day high}
set{lo, low 60 day low}
set{diff, hi - lo}
set{%diff, diff / lo}
set{ratio, %diff * 100}
ratio is below 3

add column hi
add column lo
add column diff
add column %diff
add column ratio
]

With regards to the uptrend prior to the rectangle, I shan't think you'll have too much difficulty adding that clause into this filter.

JohnyYuma
60 posts
msg #40669
Ignore JohnyYuma
1/24/2006 9:11:08 PM

nik
The above filter is not working the way it is supposed to be - I am getting lo as a -ve figure - also ratio as more than 3
Appreciate your help
Thanks

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40670
Ignore nikoschopen
1/24/2006 9:43:30 PM

The "ratio" column would show the spread between the 3-month high and the 3-month low. For some reason it brings up a bunch of stocks with negative values, which I think is merely a fluke on the part of SF. However, none of them had values above 3. Also by looking at the charts, most of them had a relatively flat trading range for at least 3 months. Can you elaborate on what you thought wasn't working according to the original premise?

Also re-run the below filter which has the "sort column" command:
Fetcher[
set{hi, high 60 day high}
set{lo, low 60 day low}
set{diff, hi - lo}
set{%diff, diff / lo}
set{ratio, %diff * 100}
ratio is below 3

add column hi
add column lo
add column diff
add column %diff
add column ratio
sort column 9 descending

]

JohnyYuma
60 posts
msg #40679
Ignore JohnyYuma
1/25/2006 9:47:51 AM

nik
Thanks
- its working okay now - probably was an SF bug
Thx again

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help with simple idea<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.