StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Here's what will really make you money!!<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
as214
184 posts
msg #43701
Ignore as214
5/14/2006 11:03:42 AM

These filters are nice, but unless you are using them in real time someone how dont see how useful they can be. When I was an institutional trader on Wall Street we never jumped around from stock to stock, we focused on 4 or 5 stocks. The surest way to make money is to maintain a portfolio of fundamentally strong stocks always maintaining a core position in each one. You will make the most money on those stocks which you know. I find it ironic that Riggs and Rumpled One argue all the time , for I have alot of respect for both of these men. They always argue about this and that but in doing so I think they have failed to realize that the most money to be made is to do the above suggested AND use a combination of RSI2 and DMA28-14. I know this may sound simplistic to alot of you programmers here but Im up 159% so far this year by not chasing stocks in filters that I dont know, but rather trading the select few I do know with the principles I learned on Wall st, along with the RSI2 and DMA 28,-14 contribution of those two great men on this forum.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43703
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/14/2006 3:13:23 PM

I find it ironic that Riggs and Rumpled One argue all the time , for I have alot of respect for both of these men.

Thanx as....

But contrary to popular belief....I too have much respect and admiration for the mighty RumpledOne! Also, nice to see someone else other than myself still using DMA 28,-14. Being a fund manager, one needs a glimmer of hope into future stock pricing. Others may not agree...or just don't see it...but for me, DMA supplies that like no other MA. Hope you and your Mom have a pleasant & wonderful Mothers Day!!!!

- Rick Riggs -

alichambers
48 posts
msg #43704
Ignore alichambers
5/14/2006 3:22:12 PM

Hi,

This RSI2 and DMA28-14 looks interesting. Sorry for being so basic, but would you be able to explain how to use them. I've been searching around the forum and have got a little confused.

Thanks,
Alex

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43706
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
5/14/2006 3:55:53 PM

Hi,

This RSI2 and DMA28-14 looks interesting. Sorry for being so basic, but would you be able to explain how to use them. I've been searching around the forum and have got a little confused.

Thanks,
Alex

If we do...we'll be opening pandora's box! LOL....Alex, run a search on "DMA." There you will find both optimistic and pessimistic views. You be your OWN judge.

- RIGGS -

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #43712
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/14/2006 6:14:17 PM

"I find it ironic that Riggs and Rumpled One argue all the time , for I have alot of respect for both of these men. They always argue about this and that but in doing so I think they have failed to realize that the most money to be made is to do the above suggested AND use a combination of RSI2 and DMA28-14. "
===============================================================================

Actually, if you really look, there really is not much arguing going on. Mostly, it is name calling and similiar stuff.

I agree with your results on trading the basket of stocks over and over and over again using TA to help time the entry/exits. That's why most of my contributions are display filters rather than selection filters. That's a point that is lost on some people who only see "Bells and Whistles".

And, of course, what you said is just another version of:

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT.

Thanks for posting.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

veloman
10 posts
msg #43722
Ignore veloman
5/14/2006 9:13:25 PM

YES!

These are my thoughts exactly!

If a stock is fundamentally strong enough to buy without looking at chart, then it must be an excellent buy when it dips. Add to your position on dips, sell on spikes. You just need to know your few companies well.

judgetrade
107 posts
msg #43742
Ignore judgetrade
5/15/2006 4:00:34 PM

what is the stock you are trading?

BFreshour
139 posts
msg #43745
Ignore BFreshour
5/15/2006 4:31:12 PM

The stocks I've been doing this with are highly volatile stocks. It's amazing after you watch a stock for a while you simply 'learn' it and can almost predict it's tops and bottoms with pinpoint accuracy.

I use: TIE, AAPL, FLSH, and DRIV, jsut to name a few.

clam61
92 posts
msg #43815
Ignore clam61
5/17/2006 1:51:17 PM

BFresh

I am somewhat new to stocks, but I have thought abuot doing the same thing

I thought maybe I should just

1. find a stock in an uptrend
2. trade the highs and lows the best i can

because i also found that i begin to learn a stock after watching it

let me ask you, how did you find the stocks you listed above>?

clam61
92 posts
msg #43817
Ignore clam61
5/17/2006 2:31:22 PM

i have made money swing trading, and day trading..but the one thing that i have consistently made money on is flipping really volatile stocks that are going sideways

id like to make a filter that finds stocks that are trading flat or positive and on average are quite volatile.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Here's what will really make you money!!<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.