StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Holy grail for shorts?<< >>Post Follow-up
calhawk01
135 posts
msg #89839
Ignore calhawk01
3/18/2010 2:13:23 PM

So I have been flirting and experimenting with daily gainers. The filter that I run after the market has closed is,

Fetcher[price is between 15 and 50
volume > 1,000,000
day change > 4
market not OTCBB
add column Average Volume(90)
]

For example the results from yesterday:
PETS FBR VMC TIN RKT JACK PLCM GRMN CSTR VLTR LAMR IBOC

All of them had gained 4 or more percent yesterday. Mostly all of them today are red. If anyone could had entered a BASKET order for all of these stocks - he/she could had made some decent money. I have not taken this strategy live yet- I will try it out tomorrow, and share the results. However, if you offset the above filter and look at the results it gives you, you will notice that mostly all of the gainers went red the next day. What is the flaw in this strategy? Has anyone ever tried this? I want to backtest this strategy, but I am unable to do so on stockfetcher because it enters the trades as soon as the stock went 4 percent or above and does not wait for the next day open. Any suggestions?

calhawk01
135 posts
msg #89840
Ignore calhawk01
3/18/2010 2:15:39 PM

Also, if the stock gaps down the next day, you will wait for about 10 minutes to close the gap before you decide to short. If the stock gaps up, short it - just watch the level two's for a good entry

Systrader
56 posts
msg #89844
Ignore Systrader
3/18/2010 3:38:15 PM

GME,FSNR, NAV, BGE , HNT and CAGC are on the list today for PUTS

I bought GME 22 APR PUT at $1.45 this was at the top of LR line and high today was 22.11.

I will see how this plays out.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Holy grail for shorts?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.