StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · How to find the ratio of price to MA(50)<< >>Post Follow-up
jackmack
334 posts
msg #122493
Ignore jackmack
1/9/2015 7:59:41 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows how to calculate the ratio of price to the MA(50).
For instance if you had 10 stocks you were screening from a symlist
and wanted to quickly calculate how far above the MA(50) price is of each security
and sort by those ratios.
Can anyone help with this?
Thank you

four
5,087 posts
msg #122494
Ignore four
modified
1/9/2015 8:24:30 PM

Fetcher[
draw ppo(1,50) line at 0
add column ppo(1,50)
draw ema(50)
add column ema(50)
sort column 5 ASCENDING /* or change to DESCENDING */ /* NOTE: click on the column heading will change the sort order on the fly */
sp100

]

http://wiki.timetotrade.eu/Percentage_Price_Oscillator

Using PPO means no calculation has to be created in StockFetcher.
PPO creates the oscillator for you.

Mactheriverrat
3,131 posts
msg #122496
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
1/9/2015 9:11:56 PM

How about this. I added Draw ratio line at 1.00 which is where price and MA(50) are the same.

Submit
Fetcher[ symlist(AGIO, ADXS, SPY , UVXY )
set{ratio, Price/ ma(50) }
and add column ratio
and add column ratio one day ago
and add column ratio two days ago
and add column ratio three days ago
Draw MA(50)
Draw ratio line at 1.00

]

Mactheriverrat
3,131 posts
msg #122512
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
1/11/2015 10:57:41 PM

I use that Price and the EMA(50) ratio now in a trending filter where price is above EMA(50) and average day range(30) above 4.75 . I search the ratio from highest to lowest looking for up trending stocks on a pullback that are nothing lower that the EMA(13) or EMA(20)

and when the Macd (3,10,16) is about or has crossed above the 0 line

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · How to find the ratio of price to MA(50)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.