StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · I have 2-5% gain per week trading stategy to share<< >>Post Follow-up
stockfetchervong
16 posts
msg #48290
Ignore stockfetchervong
12/1/2006 3:15:27 PM

this may not be a new strategy but it can make you money in 2 ways: you can make profit in short term or yu can wait a little while to capture the long term gain.

part 1A: visualize that you draw a circle and draw a cross inside the circle.
the circle is the moving average of you choice; recommened ma(40)or +.
the cross is the north-east-south-west.
strategy: I buy at the south poll and for short term, sell on next
peak. for long term; wait and sell on the next higher peak.
part 1B: please write a scanner for me that have ma(50) is at the south poll.

part 2A: to be continue next following up. I got a go to work

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #48304
Ignore luc1grunt
12/2/2006 12:48:02 AM

?

heypa
283 posts
msg #48317
Ignore heypa
12/2/2006 12:46:16 PM

Are you saying that you draw your circle so that it touches the ma(40) tangentially so that the south reference locates the circle center directly above the ma(40) as it would be if the ma(40) were flat lining or was at a bottom?
If so your filter must be working off 1 day old data to identify a bottom. Your apparant sell point is a clear 45 degree angle up or down movement of the ma(40) least short term. From your description it's hard to know with certainty. Being a visual stock chart evaluater I have limited filter ability. I leave filters to others,I know my limitations. LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

heypa
283 posts
msg #48319
Ignore heypa
12/2/2006 12:49:49 PM

Perhaps I overly complicated your request and you are identifying a low (buy point ) and a subsequent high as a sell point.

stockfetchervong
16 posts
msg #48324
Ignore stockfetchervong
12/2/2006 1:47:57 PM

yes, you got the Idea. look at the moving average topic of stockfetchervong, tradeblues wrote filter for me already; I am perfecting that filter. so ignore part 1B.

this strategy works.

I used this strategy to buy [etf: uso] two weeks ago, this coming Monday, I will sell this etf for around 6% profit. 6%/2 = 3% per week.

stockfetchervong
16 posts
msg #48325
Ignore stockfetchervong
12/2/2006 1:49:59 PM

anybody care for part 2?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #48329
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/2/2006 2:23:36 PM

Please post the filter.

stockfetchervong
16 posts
msg #48360
Ignore stockfetchervong
12/2/2006 9:50:14 PM

Fetcher[count(ma(50) <= MA(50) 1 day ago,20) above 10
and count(ma(50) >= ma(50) 1 day ago,5) above 3
and average volume(90) is above 150000
and price above 1
]

this filter scan not all but mojority of stock at or left and right side of the south poll.

part 2: need an indicator call 'time series forecast' to determine the entry point

part 3: need need macd histogram or other equivalent to confirm time series forecast for extra confidence.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · I have 2-5% gain per week trading stategy to share<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.