StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Improving Support or Resistence lines<< >>Post Follow-up
kbellare
2 posts
msg #119559
Ignore kbellare
5/10/2014 2:45:59 AM

Also, the pre-built Support/Resistence lines are quite weak - most are not horizontal and often they don't connect two troughs or peaks.

1) How do i develop strict Support/Resistance lines - Lines that are "nearly" horizontal i.e. slope is almost 0) and also connect at least 2 troughs/peaks and ideally 3 troughs/peaks?

2) Can i reference the Support/Resistence line price as my Entry or Exit condition in backtesting? e.g. if Close crosses above Resistence, Buy at 1% above Resistence and StopLoss at 3% below Resistence line?

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #119880
Ignore Eman93
5/16/2014 12:03:07 AM

2) Can i reference the Support/Resistence line price as my Entry or Exit condition in backtesting? e.g. if Close crosses above Resistence, Buy at 1% above Resistence and StopLoss at 3% below Resistence line?

-------------------------------

I dont think you can..... just draw on your charts... then set limit buys...then just wait. not that hard.

This is how people have traded since they first began to plot price,, support or resistance is the place the value buyers, the market makers and the tech traders all align, this is what changes the direction.

http://stockcharts.com/public/1424685

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Improving Support or Resistence lines<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.