StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · In Bears We Trust<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #45218
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/23/2006 6:57:10 PM

riggs

Niko -

I think TRO was just trying to make my filter more CLEAR. As for the filter returning too many results, that's what the "ZOOM LENS" is for. It makes it easy to find the right criteria! Example: RSVAL=97 ADVAL=100 MOVAL=100 WRVAL=100 is a perfect senerio for a possible short. Do you see what I mean? The "ZOOM LENS" does all the work for you so the more the results, the better IMO. Peace.

RIGGS
=============================================================================

Wow! I missed that!!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #45219
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/23/2006 7:03:40 PM

THANKS AGAIN, NIKO!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #45221
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/23/2006 7:10:54 PM

riggs

modified 2/18/2006 8:47:19 PM

Niko -

THERUMPLEDONE gets all the credit for this one!

=============================================================

Uh oh... someone is deleting their posts.

Better go and copy/paste them BEFORE they are all gone!!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #45224
Ignore nikoschopen
6/23/2006 8:31:24 PM

THANKS AGAIN, NIKO!

De nada. BTW, if there's any specific title you would like to see in the near future, drop me a line. Hapless lurkers or those not wishing exposure may email me at their own peril (nikoschopen[at]gmail<dot>com). Just be sure to include "stockfetcher" in the subject line, otherwise it may be filtered out as spam.

dkatz
64 posts
msg #45242
Ignore dkatz
6/24/2006 11:37:16 AM

Niko -- thank you for the ** removed by stockfetcher **

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #45254
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
6/24/2006 9:20:39 PM

Joe Ross, as one of the seminal technicians of our time, has definitely carved out a niche for himself among the tea leaves enthusiasts. Considering the fact that he has served as an important point of inflection for a generation of techies, our success may forever be in his debt. On that note, it's my pleasure to bring you Ross & Co. for the second time in as many days:

Joe Ross, "Trading by the Book" (69.2 MB)

http://** removed by stockfetcher **

Selected as Book of the Year by Trader's Almanac, "Trading by the Book" contains 376 pages of explicit information on futures trading. Included are discussions of how and when to really use Fibonacci techniques, how to recognize congestion, how to set and trail stops, how to get in step with a market, how to select trades, and how to conduct your trading on a businesslike basis. Superb course in specific trading techniques for serious futures traders. Very clearly written book from a professional futures trader who traded successfully for well over 30 years. Describes and explores in detail specific trading techniques and concepts, which are primarily applicable to daily charts (for end-of-day traders), but which may also be used with intra-day charts. Trading by the Book is loaded with charts. In it you will see an entire year's trading of a protfolio of seven commodities. Illustrations and examples of every single concept are shown, in an easy to read, easy to understand format.

About the Author
Joe Ross, trader, author, and educator, has been an active trader since 1957, when he began his trading career in the commodity futures market. In 1982, when it became possible to daytrade the S&P 500 stock index futures via live data feed, he successfully made the transition from full-time position trader to full-time daytrader. Since 1988, Joe has written seven major texts on futures trading. All have become classics.

Product Details
Hardcover: 376 pages
Publisher: Ross Trading; 5th revision edition (February 13, 1994)
Sale Price: $150

PREFACE

INTRODUCTION

PART 1
CHAPTER 1 - MY FIRST OPPORTUNITY
CHAPTER 2 - POSSIBILITIES
CHAPTER 3 - REACTIONS TO RANGE BREAKOUT
CHAPTER 4 - WHEAT TRADING
CHAPTER 5 - COMMENTS

PART 2
CHAPTER 1 - MARKET HARMONY
CHAPTER 2 - ABOUT WAVES
CHAPTER 3 - SELECTING A MARKET
CHAPTER 4 - LITTLE THINGS MEAN A LOT
CHAPTER 5 - THE OFFSET MOVING AVERAGE

PART 3
CHAPTER 1 - WHY KICK A THORN BUSH?
CHAPTER 2 - DEFINING AN ESTABLISHED TREND
CHAPTER 3 - MARKET SYMMETRY
CHAPTER 4 - OSCILLATORS
CHAPTER 5 - THE GREATEST LESSON

PART 4
CHAPTER 1 - THE DAILY OSCILLATOR
CHAPTER 2 - A REFINEMENT
CHAPTER 3 - TRADING GOLD FOR A YEAR WITH THREE-WAY TESTING
CHAPTER 4 - THE ANATOMY OF A MARKET

PART 5
CHAPTER 1 - ONE-TWO-THREE BREAKOUTS OF A TRADING RANGE
CHAPTER 2 - TRADING FROM A LEDGE
CHAPTER 3 - TRADING WITHIN A TRADING RANGE
CHAPTER 4 - CHANNELS
CHAPTER 5 - SELECTING TRADES

PART 6
CHAPTER 1 - STRATEGY AND CONSIDERATIONS
CHAPTER 2 - THE BUSINESS OF TRADING
CHAPTER 3 - CHART PERSPECTIVE
CHAPTER 4 - A YEAR OF TRADING
CHAPTER 5 - WRAP-UP, CLARIFICATIONS, AND COMMENTS
CHAPTER 6 - FOR YOU

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #45336
Ignore nikoschopen
6/27/2006 7:54:28 PM

Van K. Tharp, "Special Report on Money Management"

Perhaps the greatest secret to top trading and investing success is appropriate money management. I call it a "secret" because few people seem to understand it, I including many people who’ve written books on the topic. Some people call it risk control, others call it diversification, and still others call it how to "wisely" invest your money. However, the money management that is the key to top trading and investing simply refers to the algorithm that tells you "how much" with respect to any particular position in the market... (So sez Tharp. Enjoy!)

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #45347
Ignore alf44
6/28/2006 12:27:46 PM

...good stuff, niko !

Just awesome !!!

Thanks for sharing !

Regards,

alf44

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #45353
Ignore nikoschopen
6/28/2006 4:20:55 PM

Ure welcome. I just hope you can find time to read 'em all.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #45355
Ignore nikoschopen
6/28/2006 5:39:03 PM

Over the years, the rhapsodic nupital between the bullpower and the bearpower of Alexander Elder has garnered some headlines that drew scores of loyal followers into his fold. While his system is by no means an eye popper, there have been some interests even among the StockFetcher neophytes. For all intents and purposes, Elder's contribution will likely not go unnoticed.

Alexander Elder's "Come Into My Trading Room" and "Trading for a Living":

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · In Bears We Trust<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.