StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · KEVIN'S "MONDAY MORNING FILL THE GAP" FILTER<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 >>Post Follow-up
Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #104553
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/20/2012 1:39:09 PM

NKTR taking a nosedive today. Since there were only two positions this week, the week will be a net loss. This happens in every system from time to time. My backtesting in Stratasearch is consistently returning a smaller set of stocks matching these criteria than what SF returns. Not sure why, but this will make the backtests different (although hopefully not really all that different in terms of overall performance).

I recoded this for a short filter as well - Mahkoh was right in his statement that it will work both ways. It just took me a little while to validate and backtest the code.

I think this will be a very powerful filter set (both long and short). I am going to move this to a new thread with the correct validated code and backtest data for both gap up and gap down filters.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #104561
Ignore mahkoh
modified
1/20/2012 5:51:33 PM

Running the filter and adding the syntax: " open1 below horizontal" reveals that there was another trade this week.
ELGX filled a nearly 3 % gap on Wednesday after having moved lower on the first trading day of the week.
Must have missed that as its avg volume is also below 400K. If we include that trade the long version breaks about even for this week.

Running the short version and adding "open1 above horizontal" has me puzzled: The top 5 does not include SWC MAKO, FUL, or KEG. As a matter of fact FUL shouldn't even have qualified as it shows gap:gapfill ratio of 5:7. Subtract this week's gap and fill and you are left with 4:6 which puts it at 66% gapfill.
Actually the "true" short version underperformed this week with MELA, MNKD and QCOR filling their gaps but suffering a big loss from HOGS and UEC. Which makes another case for applying a stoploss in the short version.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · KEVIN'S "MONDAY MORNING FILL THE GAP" FILTER<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.