StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Looking for DMA(28,-14) filter...<< >>Post Follow-up
cello13
88 posts
msg #44362
Ignore cello13
modified
5/29/2006 10:18:56 AM

I'm looking for a DMA(28,-14) filter to identify stocks as MOVI (round 05/01/06) or LUM (same time period). I tried to create a filter, but it didn't work at all. Furthermore, I'm looking for a system to calculate the price target of such stocks.

This is, what a could create till that point of time:

Fetcher[
set{y1, dma(28,-14) 8 days ago}
set{y2, dma(28,-14)}
set{x, 7}
set{y, y2 minus y1}
set{m, y divided by x}

m above 0

Show stocks where low is near bottom linear regression line(60)
average volume(60) is above 100000

market is not otcbb
offset date 19

add column m
add column y
add column y1
add column y2
]

You may wonder, why I tried to calculate y instead of using the slope setting. The funny thing is, the use of this is totally different, despite measuring the slope of the DMA(28,-14) should be the same thing. I tried several times with the Stockfetcher slope function, but it seemed not to work properly...

Could somebody help me to finish that filter? I'm looking for 20 to 30 % increasing within a week or two. I prefer stocks with a low price, but not being OTCBB...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Cello

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #44366
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/29/2006 12:40:15 PM

cello -

Before you ask for all the added criteria....you better understand how DMA works. You won't find stocks where DMA is pointing to the moon, like on MOVI 5/1/o6. It looks like that because of the huge gap that was created on 5/11. You can't rely on DMA beyond it's 14-days. But within the 14-days....it's the slope that gives you a future price glimps. Here's the only DMA filter you will need. Look what happened when the market started to move on 5/24/06....HUGE GAINS!!!!

Here's a recent quote from one of those famous fraternity brothers....

BFreshour-

"Everyone knows that DMA(28,-14) is not a predictor like Riggs thinks, but the fact remains.....that something does tend to happen when you use it like he(RIGGS) says."

*** DMA IS THE ONLY WAY ***

Fetcher[Show stocks where 2 day slope of DMA(28,-14)is above 0
DMA(28,-14)is more than 3% above close
Set{MACDDiff, MACD fast line(12,26) - MACD slow line(12,26) }
set{MACDb,days(MACDDiff is above MACDDiff 1 day ago,100)}
set{MACDa,days(MACDDiff is below MACDDiff 1 day ago,100)}
set{MACDX, MACDa - MACDb}
60-day slope of close is above 0
Do not draw 60-day slope of close
Draw Linear Regression Line(60)
Draw Linear Regression Indicator(20)
Average volume(90)is above 200000
Add column DMA(28,-14)
Add column MACDX
sort column 2 descending
close is between 10 and 20
offset 5/24/06

/* RIGGS ACCUMULATION WARM POP-80 */

/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE RSI(7) */

set{rsval, INDPOSITION(RSI(7), 60) * 100}

/* NORMALIZE CCI(7) */

set{ccval, INDPOSITION(CCI(7), 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE williams %R(7) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %R(7), 60) * 100 }

and draw wrval
and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw rsval on plot wrval
and draw ccval on plot wrval

add column adval
add column ccval
add column rsval
add column wrval
]

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #44368
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/29/2006 12:41:32 PM

Here's the filter for the rest of you.....

**** DMA IS THE ONLY WAY ****

Fetcher[Show stocks where 2 day slope of DMA(28,-14)is above 0
DMA(28,-14)is more than 3% above close
Set{MACDDiff, MACD fast line(12,26) - MACD slow line(12,26) }
set{MACDb,days(MACDDiff is above MACDDiff 1 day ago,100)}
set{MACDa,days(MACDDiff is below MACDDiff 1 day ago,100)}
set{MACDX, MACDa - MACDb}
60-day slope of close is above 0
Do not draw 60-day slope of close
Draw Linear Regression Indicator(20)
Average volume(90)is above 200000
Add column DMA(28,-14)
Add column MACDX
sort column 2 descending
close is above 10
offset 5/24/06

/* RIGGS ACCUMULATION WARM POP-80 */

/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE RSI(7) */

set{rsval, INDPOSITION(RSI(7), 60) * 100}

/* NORMALIZE CCI(7) */

set{ccval, INDPOSITION(CCI(7), 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE williams %R(7) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %R(7), 60) * 100 }

and draw wrval
and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw rsval on plot wrval
and draw ccval on plot wrval

add column adval
add column ccval
add column rsval
add column wrval
]

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

cello13
88 posts
msg #44412
Ignore cello13
modified
5/30/2006 7:43:42 AM

Riggs

Your getting everyday closer to a incredible stock-genius ;-))

Thanks for that filter. Looks great!

I read a few descripitons about DMA(28,-14) and you're right. Looking backwards to DMA is obviously not the same as using it today. If I'm right informed, there is a lack of data for the last few days, which means, that this time the indicator would be filled with the data of a normal SMA(14)... I hope, this is right... But it always looks great, if you look back at that indicator ;-)

Could you tell me how to calculate a possible price target using the DMA(28,-14)? I'd be grateful for that. By the way, I think, this filter will perform great in bullmarkets. How about bearmarkets? Do you identify the market trend with Advanced-Decline-Line of Dow and Nasdaq or how?

I saw, you built in your pop-80-filter. Is there a description of the different parts (wrval, etc.) and its use in your pop-80-post? If not, could you explain me what I have to look for? Sorry for so many questions, but I'm a beginner and hope, that somebody (maybe you) could be my Mentor in this board.

Thanks a lot! Good luck

Cheers,
Cello
PS: I remarked your email address and hope, that I could write you my questions, if you agree with that...

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Looking for DMA(28,-14) filter...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.