StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Looking for momentum picks<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #117643
Ignore shillllihs
modified
1/8/2014 8:21:16 PM

Tried something here. Anything? Thinking 1 day poppers for 1%...

Fetcher[
volume gained > 50%
average volume (90) > 100000
ma (3) crossed above ma (8) 1 day ago
adx (14) > 20
close > 1
close < 30
add column annual dividend yield
add column annual dividend yield > 5
]

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #117644
Ignore jrbikes
modified
1/8/2014 8:39:57 PM

Fetcher[ show stocks where the price has reached a new 52 week low within the last 120 days and the close is greater than the open and the price is above the EMA(18) and the close is greater than the open and the RSI(14) is above 50 and the MACD(12,26,9) is increasing and the price is between .01 and 5
]

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #117645
Ignore jrbikes
1/8/2014 8:48:51 PM

oops, put greater than the open twice, LOL!

miketranz
956 posts
msg #117646
Ignore miketranz
1/8/2014 8:49:35 PM

JR I really like the first screen you posted.SKTO is what I call a "day one breakout".TRTC & GRNH are 5 days extended.Here's where a lot of people get into trouble.The chart looks good,but in reality,you're late to the party.Is there a way to tweek this filter to produce day one breakouts only? The long,tight,low level consolidation patterns prior to the breakout point produce extreme momentum if caught early as the set up is developing.Thank's Miketranz....

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #117669
Ignore jrbikes
1/9/2014 6:39:45 PM

I will try! but you have to use S and R, mainly Resistance with the break over the previous high, the break is the signal, I can spot them.

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #117675
Ignore jrbikes
1/9/2014 11:13:38 PM

when I posted that scan it was in reference to momentum stocks, the understanding being that these were in a stage of upward momentum, therefore they would be candidates for day trades to the upside, yes, they are overbought, but any trader would know by looking at the indicators and price action that they are over extended and ready for a pull back, so how do I find them? like this.

you can use EMA(18) or the 9,18,27 same thing, look for previous high, then consolidation, then a ascending triangle forming, then the break over the previous high, and all of this is preceeded by a recent 52 week low. with the RSI(14) rising and the MACD rising with the volume coming in.

Fetcher[ show stocks there the price has crossed above the MA(9) in the last 2 days and the MA(9) is above the MA(18) and the MA(18) is above the MA(27) and the close is greater than the open and the RSI(14) is above 50 and the MACD(12,26,9) is increasing and the volume is above 250000 and the price is between .01 and 5
]

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #117688
Ignore jrbikes
1/10/2014 6:43:51 PM

Fetcher[ show stocks where the close is greater than the open and the price is between .01 and 5 and the close is above the EMA(18) and the volume is greater than 500000
]

Fetcher[ show stocks where the close is less than the open and the price is between .01and 5 and the close is above the EMA(18) and the volume is greater than 250000
]

better way than what I said, look at the last previous high before the stocks broke out, draw a straight line accross the chart, that is the break out signal, notice these stocks exhibit the cup and handle pattern, a lot of them form after a 52 week low, look a PVCT and RNN HILL and ZLCS, this is what I am talking about, they form and the break out over prior resistance is the signal, all of this occurring with the price above the EMA(18) and also if draw lines you can see the ascending triangle forming, thats it.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Looking for momentum picks<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.