StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · M4M - Are you watching "C" .. ??<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #84596
Ignore karennma
12/17/2009 2:14:42 PM

I also got YRCW ... but it's already moved.
:>(

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #84597
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
12/17/2009 2:18:12 PM

I have several different filters that rely only on moving averages - buy if it is above, sell if it is below. Daily and weekly variants, but I think you are more interested in the daily version:

Pivot Point-Based Filter:

Fetcher[

/* BUY when price closes above the 10 day MA of S1*/
/*SELL when prices close below the 10 day MA of R1*/

set{pp_10, CMA(pp,10) 1 day ago}
set{r_10, CMA(r1,10) 1 day ago}
set{s_10, CMA(s1,10) 1 day ago}

set{BUY, count(close closes above s_10,1)}
set{SELL, count(close closes below r_10,1)}
set{WAIT, BUY * SELL}

draw WAIT
draw SELL on plot WAIT
draw BUY on plot WAIT

draw pp_10 on plot price
draw r_10 on plot price
draw s_10 on plot price

/*Insert any stock you want into the symlist - I use these as market guides*/

symlist(spy,qqqq,dia,gld,iwm,slv,rsp,wip,fxc,bnd,tbt,tlt,fxe)

add column BUY
add column SELL
add column pp_10
add column r_10
add column s_10

]

You can also substitute above/below the PP moving average as well. A little less subject to whipsawing.

I have a similar filter that only uses VMA(10) as the trigger line - works pretty nicely as well.

Both of these would have kept me OUT of gold and silver, if I had bothered to respect what they were saying. As you can see, both GLD and SLV dropped below the trigger line on 4 Dec. My bad.

VenturaTrader
43 posts
msg #84604
Ignore VenturaTrader
12/17/2009 10:25:38 PM

Karennma,

Be careful with YRCW! I spoke with one of their truck drivers yesterday; he does not think they will survive; going to BK. YRCW is having trouble with the bond holders converting to stock; similar to GM.

I am a lurker who enjoys your (and Kevin's) posts!

Mike

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #84644
Ignore karennma
12/18/2009 12:05:02 PM

Ventura:
Thanks!
THIS IS EXACTLY why I HATE trading penny stocks.
I just like to look at charts. I know nothing about YRCW.
With pennies, you have to check the NEWS, to make sure they're not going BK.
Several months ago, I recommended STSA @ $1.23 as a SHORT. .. ONLY BECAUSE I knew they were going BK.
It's 0.60 now.
I normally don't trade pennies for that reason alone (possible BK).

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · M4M - Are you watching "C" .. ??<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.