StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · MACD vs. PPO Histogram<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
glgene
613 posts
msg #103207
Ignore glgene
11/2/2011 5:02:05 PM

mahkoh,

Many thanks...as I said, sometimes it takes 'fresh eyes' to identify a coding problem. With your one change, the decimals now line up! That means both MACD and PPO histograms within my Symlist either go + or - the same day, the only difference being the MACD histogram result is in dollars and cents, whereas the PPO histogram result is a %. Again, thanks! And thanks to the original responders for giving me the other ammunition I needed. That's what I appreciate about the SF forums...people helping people. Hopefully, some others may benefit from this MACD vs. PPO matter that was initiated here.

But I still don't understand why I'm having a Sort problem.

I coded it to sort on Column 11 descending (see my 3rd line of coding), but I'm not getting that result. Col. 11 should be the PPO histogram, but it doesn't sort there. But if I change it to Col. 14 descending I do get the desired result (PPO histogram). When I count the columns from left to right, I don't even see a Col. 14. I see PPO histogram as Col. 11.

???

Gene

duke56468
683 posts
msg #103209
Ignore duke56468
modified
11/2/2011 6:16:23 PM

I think you have to count the column separators as a column

glgene
613 posts
msg #103211
Ignore glgene
11/2/2011 6:54:22 PM

Duke,

Well, that makes sense. Why didn't I think of that?!

Thank you.

Gene

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · MACD vs. PPO Histogram<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.