StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Market loosers<< >>Post Follow-up
calhawk01
135 posts
msg #90267
Ignore calhawk01
3/24/2010 6:40:29 PM

Guys I am looking for a filter that finds stocks that lost 4 or more than 4 percent in the first few hours when the market opens..
Any idea? The filter i have posted below doesnt work well...i think
More specifically i am looking for stocks that lost 4 or more at the open... Example of what i am looking for: A stock that lost 4 percent at the open, but then "bounced" and closed green. So in other words i want to find all results of stocks that went down at the open -- even those that bounced.. ANY IDEAS??

Fetcher[price is between 15 and 50
volume > 1,000,000
day change < 4
market not OTCBB
add column Average Volume(90)
]

miketranz
956 posts
msg #90277
Ignore miketranz
3/24/2010 8:42:09 PM

Any good online broker has a largest % losers filter or just use Garsworld.You're basically looking for gap down opens in real time.The close on green might be tricky,but I'm sure someone on here could help you out with that.....

straken
469 posts
msg #90281
Ignore straken
3/24/2010 8:51:46 PM

Just use some of my filters, you will find all the losers you want.

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #90282
Ignore jrbikes
3/24/2010 9:02:24 PM

LOL

miketranz
956 posts
msg #90283
Ignore miketranz
3/24/2010 9:15:54 PM

You guys are too funny...

calhawk01
135 posts
msg #90287
Ignore calhawk01
3/24/2010 11:04:01 PM

Yea i actually have a screener for finding loosers in the market at open, i was just wondering if there is a way to get results using stockfetcher --- my goal is to offset the results by days/weeks/months and do some extensive research and eventually make a strategy...

miketranz
956 posts
msg #90288
Ignore miketranz
3/24/2010 11:34:28 PM

I'm going to give you two money makers if you follow them daily.You don't even have to back test.Market proven winners.Buy AAPL or F right off the open,anytime they gap down.The harder they gap the better.If you have margin,short them every time they gap up.Sell either within the first 30 min or hold till close.Use proper money management.These are the only two trades I make in the market when the opportunity presents itself.That's the extent of my trading if I want to go home with a days pay.Good luck....

calhawk01
135 posts
msg #90448
Ignore calhawk01
3/26/2010 10:50:14 PM

Thanks mike, I like the idea.

Now back to my search for the filter that can find stocks that opened and lost more than 4 percent -- regardless of where the closed. I want to do a study on these stocks.. any idea how I can find them so I can observe the price movement??

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Market loosers<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.