StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Measure strength<< >>Post Follow-up
freshpotato
36 posts
msg #56844
Ignore freshpotato
11/19/2007 3:11:58 PM

Is there any way to check how many times a stock have touched a certain price (let's say a 52 week high).

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #56848
Ignore SAFeTRADE
11/19/2007 5:16:41 PM

Try this

Fetcher[
set{52high, count(high reached a new 52 week high in the last 1 day,60)}
add column 52high
draw 52high
sort column 5 descending
]

this checks for how many times a new 52 week highs there have been in the last 60 days. Price and volume up to you.

marine2
963 posts
msg #56877
Ignore marine2
11/20/2007 1:22:32 PM

SafeTrade, thank you for this beautiful filter. It backtested very well in my setttings. Keep up the great work! I added a few more lines to it:

set{52high, count(high reached a new 52 week high in the last 1 day,60)}
add column 52high
draw 52high
sort column 5 descending
slow stochastic %d is below 25
and price is above 4
and macd(4,8)fast line is crossing above macd(4,8)slow line at close

freshpotato
36 posts
msg #56887
Ignore freshpotato
11/20/2007 5:57:04 PM

Thanks safetrade, I't realy helped my filter development.

Marine2, I was testing out your filter just for fun, did't really perform well... perhaps I'm doning something wrong.

marine2
963 posts
msg #56901
Ignore marine2
11/21/2007 1:38:03 AM

Everyone triggers their backtesting on specific settings that they are comfortable with. The way I have my trigger points set up for a sale might be different from the other person out there. Take a look at your settings and see if you need to tweek them to make it more agreeable for this particular filter.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Measure strength<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.