StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Monthly Returns<< >>Post Follow-up
15minoffame
131 posts
msg #100137
Ignore 15minoffame
4/6/2011 12:50:30 AM

Does anyone here know if it's possible to write a filter that tells you the monthly return for this month, last month, etc. Right now I'm using this filter, but the only problem is it's a rolling return filter. I would love it if it tells me the returns so far for the month of March, the returns for Feb, Jan, etc.

TIA if anyone can help me.

set{b1, close - close 20 days ago}
set{m1, b1 / close 20 days ago}
set{1mthgain, m1 *100}

set{c1, close 20 days ago- close 40 days ago}
set{n1, c1 / close 40 days ago}
set{2mthgain, n1 *100}

set{d1, close 40 days ago- close 60 days ago}
set{o1, d1 / close 60 days ago}
set{3mthgain, o1 *100}

jthelen
29 posts
msg #103259
Ignore jthelen
11/8/2011 10:50:48 AM

I’m having a similar issue. Not sure if stockfetcher has a feature to statically define a day. Calcs and Time seem to be based on being relative to the current close price.

JT

djones000buck
206 posts
msg #103261
Ignore djones000buck
11/8/2011 2:37:23 PM

If you are trying to analyze a long term trade, defining a variable as your buy price is an option, just a basic example below. You would have to add the additional time periods (minus 20 days per period) or just graph profit from your purchase price as shown. If your holding hundreds of stocks it might be a PITA, but for a handful of stocks works ok...

Fetcher[

set{myGEprice, 13.50}

set{b1, close - myGEprice}
set{m1, b1 / myGEprice}
set{profitloss, m1 *100}

apply to symlist(GE)

and draw profitloss
add column profitloss

]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Monthly Returns<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.